272XPG?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jason280

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I've been looking for a decent saw to run a 20" bar, and came across a Husqvarna 272XPG. I havent been able find out much about the "G" designation, how does it compare with the standard XP?

How much difference will I see between it and my current 372XP?

the g means it has heated handle bars it should be just about the same as your 372 as the 272 is the same saw only older

How easy is it to convert back to a standard bar, not too much of a need for a heated handle here in Georgia...

just take the generator out pull the starter cover and the flywheel off take out the generator and poof no more heated handlebars

How easy is it to convert back to a standard bar, not too much of a need for a heated handle here in Georgia...

Flip the off switch on the heat and you have no heat. It is the same as with the lights in your house - turn them on when it is dark, leave them off if it isn't. No need to swap parts.

That said, if you have an xpg, why not sell it to one of us northerners and buy a non-g in its place? :)

Turns out its just the standard XP, no heated handle...

Back