29 pound mega monster maul

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, And I thought my 12lb wedge maul was awful to swing. Judging by the video, it looks like it works but you look a little out of control with it. Does it save any time or pain Vs. the 15 lb maul?

Why do people want to abuse their bodies so much. It obvious that a 29lb mual is to heavy for anything more than a conversation piece. No one in their right mind would want to swing such a piece of equipment to process a bunch of firewood at one time. I use to swing a 16lb sledge for splitting locust rails and post. Now the Rheumatism in my shoulders wont let me swing a 6lb'er. Which is why I use hydraulics for processing my wood.

Yes when I finally split through the log the weight of the head pulled me forward a bit. I definitely wasn't expecting it.
It definitely has enormous amount of energy when it hits the log.usually when my 15 pound maul bounces off I use the heavy maul.
But does it save me time or pain? I would say because I Splitwood for fun and exercise the big maul definitely contributes to A good workout. No doubt it will split logs the 15 pound maul will not. But if A log has substantial knots even the big maul bounces off. After swinging the big maul for a while it is very easy to use the Fiskars one-handed for smaller stuff.

Wow, And I thought my 12lb wedge maul was awful to swing. Judging by the video, it looks like it works but you look a little out of control with it. Does it save any time or pain Vs. the 15 lb maul?

Looks idiotic to me. Feet flying all over the place to maintain control but each to their own.

Just got this new 29 pound monster maul. It's very heavy but it really does the job.for comparison I added the video of the 15 pound sotz maul and the fiskars x27 super splitting axe, 36-inch

I just want to know how do you think your lower back will do if you keep doing that?

Well, I would give it a try just for a hoot, but at over 25% of my body weight, don't think I could use one on a regular basis. Now..maybe with a ten foot + handle and a pivot point, you could make some sort of medieval looking deal, get the thing up in the air high, latch it, set the round (save up the insane gnarly twisty big ones for this), and then trigger it to come down WHAM! Flintstones splitter.

Back