3-Point Grapple VS Farmi Winch

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here, the grapple wouldn't do me much good. The reason my woods aren't fields it that they're too steep to plow, and I have some mighty hilly fields. Getting trees out of my woods usually involves at least one, usually 2 20' log chains till it's out to the trail and I can hook and lift with the 3 pt drawbar. Other corners of my woods are too tight to get close to the trees I want, at least without cutting out a new trail.

I'd consider trying a grapple, on some other places I cut where it's flatter and more open. Your conditions will dictate which might work better. The grapple with a winch mounted would be handy, but I'd go with a hydraulic winch (MileMarker) over electric, they're not built for a very heavy duty cycle.

If you're short on hydraulic outlets, Fasse makes hydraulic multipliers that give you more remotes, just flip the switch to whatever function you need to use and pull the lever.

Back