3 point safety harness for climbing?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skunkdynamite

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Happy Friday gentlemen,
I'm sorry in advance if I didn't search this properly some of these topics get beat to death...
I would like to eventually get up in the trees for recreational and yard work purposes.
I have a few 3 point safety or positioning harnesses from work for fall protection. Are these things viable for tree work?
I'd still be using a life line along with the belt and spurs when I get my hands on a set.
I've always been a tree climber since I was a kid, the heights don't bother me and I have the safety training.
This might be a good transition to some sidework too.... My brother in law is a logger but they don't have any climbers. Just bucket trucks.

Attachments

• IMG_0573.jpg
    IMG_0573.jpg
    262.8 KB · Views: 38
I wouldn't recommend that type harness. You will need a harness with a front attachment point. If you have a tree harness, you won't need the fall arrest harness. Wesspur has some good beginner kits. You won't use spurs on trees unless you are removing them. That takes you to an SRT system for pruning and rec climbing.

Back