3 point snowblowers

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's an L35 TLB. Great tractor but I'm slowly wrecking it by lifting too much and using it too rough in the bush. Front plow is great, I use it to push everything from the front of my house to the back and then I blow it into a long pile. Used it a few times opening the road too when neighbours couldn't get home due to drifts. I welded extensions on it to make quicker work of my big driveway. The extensions are steel without poly on them and it works better. The poly is just too slippery and snow flies off it. Great for wind rowing but not handy when trying to move snow a distance.

I would never even consider a 3 pt snowbower for our tractor just on storage issues alone. We use a little honda 1332 tracked snowblower and it does a fantastic job. In most cases it is faster than the backhoe with way less damage. The little honda has a crazy fast impeller speed that throws snow/slush farther and faster than anything else I have run. Never gotten it stuck or even plugged up and I have run it through areas that were 8” of water with some snow mixed in. Only thing I don’t like about it is the cost of the shear bolts and I wish the hydrostat had a little more speed.

Cheese grade 1/4" bolts is normally all we use on blowers that come through the shop. Cheese grade = probably not even grade 2 that the local hardware store stocks.
They are almost too soft actually, I've broken several on the 48" blower on my yard tractor just from blowing deep snow. But it's a minute fix vs breaking one of the 2 gearboxes or a shaft.

Had a customer use good quality grade 8 bolts ones, blew out the gear box.

My setup is a 90s 20hp Craftsman garden tractor with 2 stage blower. Has ATV tires liquid filled, 100lbs of wheel weighs and 2 50lbs of tractor weights... plus my 200lb butt.
Works well for my driveway, which isn't very big, maybe 100ft long, 25ft wide.
We get maybe 4-5ft of snow a year (not very much)

Have skid steers and backhoe I can drive over from the shop if really needed. Brought the skid steer over a few times to dig out drifts. Was rock hard to where I could have drove my truck up on it and darn near onto the garage roof!

Any recommendations. I posted last week about a grapple bucket and got some responses.

I've been looking around and not rising many used 72" blowers. The woodmaxx brand seems to get great reviews and is around 2800 shipped with electric shoot rotator and deflector.
i have a 6 foot meteor blower that i'm glad i have when i need it. as mentioned a cab would be great and hydraulics for turning the chute.( j have neither:dumb2:) mine only has a single auger but if i was dealing with lots of deep snow and drifts i think i would like a dual auger.
20160124_083139_resized.jpg 20160124_083207_resized.jpg

Just have to chuckle at Citoitis. Sawyers Robs MFWD tractor I am guessing because I don't know the model weighs close to 9000 pounds with out the loaded tires or front loader frame & arms. Be pushing close to 12,000 pounds with the loader frame arms and 4 loaded tires. That thing should easly push 3 feet of snow and drifts up to 6 feet. Any body that thinks it can't doesn't know how to run a big tractor. I also know the area where SR lives and they get lake effect snow day after day at times running in the 3 feet per a 12 hour period.
SR isn't a city boy who depends on a 18HP lawn tractor to move snow.

:D Al

How ever you spell it some one doesn't know squat about weight and traction when pushing/blowing snow.

My brother uses a Smplicity 17 HP whith a single stage front mount blower and does well with about 300 pounds worth of rear weights and speed controll.

:D Al

Latest posts

Back