3 Trees -- Okay, dying, dead?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's what I've uncovered (literally) for tree A.

Sure could use some expert analysis on what we see.
I'm not a certified arborist, but I've been doing tree work for 20 years, so I may or may not be an "expert". (Seriously though, just cause somebody has cut trees for a long time doesn't make them an expert on tree care) Anyway, IMO, those trees are toast, I'm sorry to say. Never seen maples (those appear to be red maple to me) hold up to that much excavation and raising of soil level. If you want to leave them for a while, I'd trim the dead stuff for safety's sake and plant some new trees nearby. Given the location, it may actually be cheaper to have them taken down than trimmed though. Looks like they can all be flopped from the ground.

I'm not a certified arborist, but I've been doing tree work for 20 years, so I may or may not be an "expert". (Seriously though, just cause somebody has cut trees for a long time doesn't make them an expert on tree care) Anyway, IMO, those trees are toast, I'm sorry to say. Never seen maples (those appear to be red maple to me) hold up to that much excavation and raising of soil level. If you want to leave them for a while, I'd trim the dead stuff for safety's sake and plant some new trees nearby. Given the location, it may actually be cheaper to have them taken down than trimmed though. Looks like they can all be flopped from the ground.

Thank you so much for the analysis.

Could you share whether the revealed roots lead to you that conclusion or the history trenching and soil elevation?

I have older maple trees dying and ash trees with the ash bore = firewood. I have way to many trees.

Back