3 years here!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm north of Star Prairie, about a mile off the north end of Cedar Lake. Saturday nights I can hear the races at Cedar Lake Speedway if the wind's from the south.

Balsam Lake is about 20 miles north of me, give or take a couple miles.

--three years, cool! So..after three years, what is the most common newb question you have seen posted? Like on chainsaws it is mixoil questions and "help me pick a saw even though I have my mind made up already on saw brand and model x and y"

i think the most common questions are in this order:
1. what kind of wood is this?
2. I know its suppose to take 2-3 years for my oak to dry, but do you think MY oak will be ready in 6 months?
3. To cover or not to cover? that is the question:?

QUOTE=Constrictor;3394848i think the most common questions are in this order:
1. what kind of wood is this?---ha, I had some of those! got 2 out of 3 IDed, too!
2. I know its suppose to take 2-3 years for my oak to dry, but do you think MY oak will be ready in 6 months?---well, MY oak dries enough to burn the first year. About the only advantage to jawjah summers I have found yet....
3. To cover or not to cover? that is the question:?----I tried not covering, dang cops were like hassling me in town.....no sense of humor at-all

Indeed you have been a good neighbor from cheeseland!
Hey as a side note...I've also been here for 3 years ...just noticed.

Another three yearer here also, Jan 2009, must have been a good month!

3 years here also!

And here as well! I was going to wait until the 22nd to post my 3 year announcement, but this is as good a place as any, although I'm not likely to get as much rep! ;) Congrats to us all!!!

I spent the last 2 days slingin some thank you rep, I got all but a couple of ya, if I couldn't get ya, rest assured I'll be back for you when I can.

Back