30 below

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
N.E. Iowa, not far from the Minnesota boarder...
-23 at the homestead this AM, but a balmy -14 in town when I got here.
These darn city dwellers don’t know how good they’ve got it.

Hey CrappieKieth
I heard one of you Minnesota guys put carpet in the bathroom...
Heard he liked it so well that he ran that carpet all the way up to the house. :D

Gas Company Loves Minnesota

I recall when I used to work for the natural gas company that services northern Minnesota, they used to say that the best customers they had lived there.

It wasn't uncommon for a homeoowner to use 70 Mcf of natural gas in January while heating a 2000 sq ft house. Back then the price was $4/Mcf, and today it's over twice that.

Think of how much firewood you could buy for $560. Around here, that would get you 2 to 3 cords. Shucks, my price is $200 a cord.

Wife has friends who moved to Fort Francis (across river from International Falls)..

She was chatting with them.. think it was -45 this morning..

Not zero where I am.. but supposed to be getting colder..

....and to think come morning I'll be out on the lake doing some videos while the boys are ice fishing.
Good thing I got a good portable ice shack and heater.

Well , I got home from plowing about 7:30 PM last night and did not respect the forecast. We split some chunks and threw them in the OWB and went in. Well it was -7 this morning, water was down to 120 deg and no fire. Lucky it wasn't windy this morning " hey get some cardboard" was the cry.

It's warming up to -17 in Fergus Falls, MN right now. House stayed at 72 degrees all last night. Got to love waking up to a warm floor when it's this cold out.

-30 at 7 this morning, -20 right now. I'm gonna go boil some water and throw it in the air just to see if it actually freezes!

I had to show the wife what a cup of coffee does when you throw it in the air in these kind of temps (she's never done it before) So we went outside and I threw it over the snow banks in the backyard.... "Hey, brown snow falling!"

Back