3120xp throttle cable routing

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still is all we run in texas

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Based on my recent experiences with my 2 local small town husqvatna dealers this will be my last husky.

I just need a pic of how the cable is routed around carb.

Sent from my GT-S7560M using Tapatalk

Give me a minute.

Okay, I have the photo, but I cannot find my data cable for my Sonim phone. If you PM me your cell number I can text the photo to you.

Sitting at the back of your 3120, the cable comes into the carb box on the right side, proceeds towards the cylinder housing and you see the upside-down ledge at the top of the carb housing? Just behind the carb? The cable clips into that running to the left, then down towards you to connect to the carb mechanism on the left side of the carb. The cable describes a right to left loop so to speak, looking almost exactly like a question mark: ?

This is the way I have it. Does it look right? I'm getting very little travel in the throttle lever when I pull the trigger. There's something wrong at one end of the cable or the other.

IMG_0628.JPG IMG_0625.JPG

Cool. I thought I had it wrong because the throttle lever wasn't moving much. Turns out the throttle cable is buggered on the inside. It wasn't moving freely within the plastic sheathing. I ordered one today.

By the way. I'm trying my 3rd husky dealer.

Dealer #1 was good but only place parts orders when they have $500. That's about every 6 weeks.

Dealer #2 got my fuel line after 6 weeks. I called after 3 weeks and he said he never placed the order because he wasn't sure if I wanted it. Oh well, not a big deal so I officially placed the order. Got it 3 weeks later. It was $7 and was cut off a roll. Not molded but has a bit of a coil too it. The outside diameter has to be perfect to get it to seal in the tank so was worth it for me. Then the guy charged me $7 for shipping!

I've been working on this rebuild since January. I keep finding oddball parts I need. We'll see if the 3rd dealer can get the throttle cable before September.

Back