• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold 3120xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

axe2fall

Hound runner
Reaction score
Strong running beast. Masterminded Nov. 2013. Less than 10 tanks ( more like 5 ) have been through it since. 150psi. New air filter, fuel filter and fuel line installed. Comes with Stihl mount bar adapter.
Got this to mill with but my buddy bought a band mill so it sits a lot.
PHO $1200 plus the ride from 22436 ( shipping weight, 30 pounds )
PayPal friend and family or USPS money order.

New 36" GB sprocket nose bar and 2 new 3/8 Oregon ripping chains available with saw. Add $100

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

I pm'ed you about the 36" GB bar and two ripping chains... Would you sell them seperate? If so I am interested...

10 mins. east of C-ville.

They were calling for 2 feet here but we only have 10".

I don't buy guns lightly so I rarely have cause to sell them. :)

The only tractor "attachment" I want to part with is a JD 336 square baler, but I have more than double what you are asking in it. And I doubt that is what you are looking for. :D

Does this saw have the H jet mod making it adjustable? Randy usually does that too the 3120, especially for milling?
It does not. I bought it shortly after it was ported. I guess it was not built for milling and I have only cut a few large rounds with it. It flat chewed through 30" hickory the way it is but I like the idea of an H jet.
How is that mod done ?

10 mins. east of C-ville.

They were calling for 2 feet here but we only have 10".

I don't buy guns lightly so I rarely have cause to sell them. :)

The only tractor "attachment" I want to part with is a JD 336 square baler, but I have more than double what you are asking in it. And I doubt that is what you are looking for. :D

No, I don't mess with straw. I have considered baling pine needles but I may not have any pines left after this storm.
We prob have 10" as well but no way to really measure these drifts. 30 MPH here with gusts to 50. Snowing 3 inches an hour now - horizontally. Also had a few inches of sleet last night which packs it down.
I heard once that the proper way to measure snow was to measure every hour and clean off the spot after every measurement. Add it all up as you go, that way compaction is not a factor. Makes sense but you won't catch me doing it.

Don't blame you on the gun thing. I would like to find and keep 1 good one while I still can.

Also considering trading for smaller PRO Stihls.

It does not. I bought it shortly after it was ported. I guess it was not built for milling and I have only cut a few large rounds with it. It flat chewed through 30" hickory the way it is but I like the idea of an H jet.
How is that mod done ?

Yes, it would have a HS screw added.

In you picture you can see where we added epoxy to the air filter base, near the left side, to allow a tunnel to be created for accessing the screw.

image-jpeg.478183

Also, if it just has 150psi........I would recommend pulling the muffler to see if it is fried. They normally have much more than that after we finish with them.

It's not fried, although I may be. I sent you a pic through the exhaust when I bought it. That's when checked comp, as well. I will try to find that pic and recheck compression with my newer tester.
I will post pics of the results.

Here's the way the carbs look after the HS screw is installed.

On some of the first 3120s I did......I had someone else do the carbs. So I'm not sure what type screw is in that saw......but I am sure it has a HS screw.

IMG_2515.JPG

Great mod the HS screw. Kinda silly Husky not giving you one in the first place. Every saw has its 'areas to improve' and a good builder knows who eats what for dinner. This is a good big saw for someone, damn pricey new + mods. GLWS

Here's the way the carbs look after the HS screw is installed.

On some of the first 3120s I did......I had someone else do the carbs. So I'm not sure what type screw is in that saw......but I am sure it has a HS screw.

View attachment 480871
Fascinating. That can't be a simple thing to do. I would love to know the process.
If you don't mind me asking, Is the carb already threaded for that H screw or do you have to tap it ?
I assume you ream out the fixed jet to some pre determined maximum size, tune the saw and epoxy the access hole. But doesn't that essentially make it a fixed jet saw ? Is that so guys like me don't cook your work ?
Otherwise why wouldn't you use a stock H screw and drill an access hole next to the other holes in the plastic cover ?

Back