32 Degress Below

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StihltheOne

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
32 Below 0 here on Mon night and all is well, believe it or not I burn pine only, (oh no I said the P word) Kept it 73+ all night, 2100 sf. I had the ol Waterford a cookin but she did well! I let the gas furnace kick on some as it warms the crawl space a tad, I have had enough plumbing fer one year here.

32 Below 0 here on Mon night and all is well, believe it or not I burn pine only, (oh no I said the P word) Kept it 73+ all night, 2100 sf. I had the ol Waterford a cookin but she did well! I let the gas furnace kick on some as it warms the crawl space a tad, I have had enough plumbing fer one year here.

Now you know that is impossible, the anarchist said so. Pine just doesn't hae enough BTU to get that hot a fire:dizzy:

Hary K

-30 Eh?

It is -30C here this morning with a slight breeze that removes heat from the house as if it were really -39C. Even my down-lined vest is on strike this morning LOL

Pine had more than enough flames for that other thread didn't it? Got some pine and some poplar in the stove as we speak and it is nice and toasty in here for the effort. +74F (us Canuks can't get our temps. straight anymore LOL). With some 12 acres of mixed poplar, balsam, jackpine, spruce and black ash if we didn't make use of it for heat we would be buying birch from someone and "paying" for it.
There really isn't much birch on the property. I often tell people that there are only 5 birch trees growing here and I know where 2 of them are :hmm3grin2orange:

Keep warm.

We were tasty warm here burning pine/fir at -24 (-37windchill) the past couple of nights. It only went down to 11 last night so warmer weather should be heading down to WY.

-28.4 F, here this morning. Again the house is over 100 degrees warmer than it is outside. Although, I cant credit pine for the heat. I cheated and used oak.

And Stihltheone, whatever it takes to keep pipes from freezing is fair game. :clap:

Glad to hear that warmer weather is coming! I don't mind the cold, but..... Thankfully there was no wind with it, just some snow. We have been -21, -17,-15 and highs around 0 to 15 in the day for a little while. I know that I am defying physics and chemistry laws with my pine, but I was only a 'c' student so they really don't apply to me. Had the stove warm enough to loosen the tile in front of it. Had to laugh though, the border collie was sound asleep in front of the stove for a while, she woke up and was a panting like crazy, man she was hot!::cheers:

-23 F here in south east south dakota this morning thank goodness wind was 0 old Jotul was feeling good

Back