338XPT Husqvarna vs.ms200stihl

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
if you have a Stihl and a Husky you need different mix
one is 1:50
other 1:30
they run at different rpm

or so I`ve heard

The huskies just feel right in the hands when you're using them. Everything seems intuitive.

I know that one is better than another; just don`t know witch one;
unfortunately there are only side takers....

explain;
you may think that the oil differ. and if mix oil and gas according to given ratio you can run it on both saws....is that it ?

explain;
you may think that the oil differ. and if mix oil and gas according to given ratio you can run it on both saws....is that it ?

It would be easier to explain if you could quote your sources. I have (and have had) a large collection of saws: Husqvarna, Stihl, Shindawa, Echo, and others. EVERY saw I've owned in the past 20 years has had the same mix ratio specs. Where are you seeing different specs?

my source is the Husky dealer. he claimed that Husky oil mix is 30 ml/liter
and that some folks bought Husky saw and then Stihl oil and that damaged the saw due to different working pattern of the saw
stihl oil is 1:50 (20 ml/ liter)
I don`t know if being from Europe is a factor, or the specs of the gas but this is what they told me (there were dwo different dealers from two stores)

in the end, as you may see, I said "so I`ve heard"
if i`m wrong, I stand corrected.
and I`m glad I found out I was lied to.
:)
cheers.

I found this:
http://www.husqvarna.com/us/forest/support/video-library/
you seem to be right.
however I will do some inquiring in my area to see what`s wrong.
If there is anything else than the dealers are complete idiots, I`ll get back to you.

Last edited:
if 1:50 says on the prospect, my best guess atm is that either they were selling cheaper oil, not Husqvarna make or they didn`t knew better or they were trying to trick me not to go to Stihl.
pfff. all that for 1L oil

Stihl 200T. I smile everytime I run that little booger.

Hey rope, stop putting husky gas in your stihl....lol....just kidding.

I'll trade you your 200 for my 335. It's in pieces, but all there, was working on oiler when I bought the 200. deal?

200t

I have 3 200t's and 1 338xpt, the latter which sits on a shelf with the carb off. Never had to bother putting it back on. The first 200t sees work daily, mostly takedowns. The second is back up, which is rarley needed. The third comes out of it's case mainly for video shoots. I ran the 335's and the 338xpt's for four or five years. Nice little trim saws when they ran. A couple years ago I broke down and bought a 200t to see what all the buzz was about on this site. I haven't run the 200t's as long as the Husky but I don't foresee going back to the Husky top handles. Though I may poke a hole in the muffler on the 338 and see what happens.

I have 3 200t's and 1 338xpt, the latter which sits on a shelf with the carb off. Never had to bother putting it back on. The first 200t sees work daily, mostly takedowns. The second is back up, which is rarley needed. The third comes out of it's case mainly for video shoots. I ran the 335's and the 338xpt's for four or five years. Nice little trim saws when they ran. A couple years ago I broke down and bought a 200t to see what all the buzz was about on this site. I haven't run the 200t's as long as the Husky but I don't foresee going back to the Husky top handles. Though I may poke a hole in the muffler on the 338 and see what happens.

Treetom... I'll be glad to take that POS 338 off your hands for you. I won't even charge you a disposal fee. Just carefully package it and send it to me...

I think I may be able to prove Husky oil 1:30
tomorrow i`ll go take down an old ash (so I was told)
and there is a can of oil; i`ll take some pics if so.

buddy of mine has about 7 or 8 200t's all with different ages all running like new i ve got one and they are the best climbing saw....period!:chainsawguy:

Latest posts

Back