34 ton tsc (speeco) logsplitter problem

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jack_90125

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
hello I have the above logsplitter and using it today it worked as usual.went thru the first tank of gas.after refill and running abit shut it off.
about 15 min later went to start it again and noticed the muffler was leaking gas and wet. checked the lines and no leaks.
pulled the plug and pulled till no gas came out.
put plug back in and after a few pulls it took off and seems to be fine.
any ideas as to what happened or what would of caused that?

thanks

My first thought is that the carburetor float valve could be sticking but I don't know if it would come out of the muffler if that happened.

yea it could leak out of the muffler,it could also get past the piston rings and flood the crank case...Might want to check the engine oil.

My first thought is that the carburetor float valve could be sticking but I don't know if it would come out of the muffler if that happened.

That's my first thought too Dan. Sticking float valve or cracked float (not floating anymore). What kind of carb is on there Jack? Got a pix?

no no pix.do not think the float .otherwise I think it would not run.I thought about the float or choke but ruled it out.
as it started and ran fine aftwards.
just thought it was really strange and so far has not redone it.

thanks

Back