• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold 346 For Sale

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paul hill

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
2011 346 50cc with an orange clutch cover.

This saw is in decent cosmetic shape but not a beauty queen. It has had the muffler modified, base gasket deleted and it runs very well.

Compression is 160 at 3600 ft. The piston and cylinder look great. I've always run 40:1 fuel with Stihl Ultra in the saw.

Everything including the chain brake, oiler, and decomp work as they should. The oiler will seep a little if it sits with a full tank of oil.

Includes a 16" Woodland Pro .325 narrow kerf bar and 3 chains. The chain on the bar is about 1/2 gone. The other two chains are new in the box. The bar was new when the 1/2 gone chain was new so it has very little use.

Also available is a 16" .325 Oregon bar and chain in good condition. Let me know if you want both bars and we'll figure something out.

$425.00 plus actual shipping.

PayPal F & F

IMG_20170309_192123483_HDR.jpg IMG_20170309_192123483_HDR.jpg IMG_20170309_191635668.jpg IMG_20170309_191529216.jpg IMG_20170304_162844359_HDR.jpg IMG_20170304_162742760_HDR.jpg IMG_20170304_162713254_HDR.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20170304_162749014.jpg
    IMG_20170304_162749014.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 207
relevant in the fact that it's commercially owned/used saw, hence it would have quite few hours on the engine. Especially considering it's a 2011.

relevant in the fact that it's commercially owned/used saw, hence it would have quite few hours on the engine. Especially considering it's a 2011.

I'm happy to share everything I know about the saw and I hope you're not implying that there's something wrong with this saw or that I am misrepresenting it in some way.

The piston and cylinder look great and don't appear to have many hours at all. Compression is very good, bearings feel tight and the saw runs and cuts great. There is nothing mechanically wrong with the saw. I believe the pictures and video show this.

Since I'm not the original owner of the saw, I can't speak about its lineage. I know I've had it for probably 4 or 5 years and it's been a great saw for the little I've used it. I'm sure I only have about 10-15 tanks of fuel through it.

I have no idea how many hours are on the saw but I know when I purchased it from a long time member here, he went thoroughly through the saw prior to selling it to me.

Thanks

1. He gave piston picks
2. He gave a compression reading
3. He put good pictures of the saw
4. What screams Lucas Tree I have no idea.

Why you tryin to crash the mans thread?

GLWS

Please consider how you've responded.
You say it's a fact, maybe, maybe not. Looking at the time frames he's given even if it wàs it wasn't for long. These are the types of questions that should be asked in a PM not in the thread. If the OP won't answer or doesn't give a satisfactory answer I can see saying something in the actual thread.
Personally I think you owe the OP an apology, if you have some info that we need to know then I owe you one ;).
Brett
1. He gave piston picks
2. He gave a compression reading
3. He put good pictures of the saw
4. What screams Lucas Tree I have no idea.

Why you tryin to crash the mans thread?

GLWS
I agree fully.
You see a lot of that happening on here and it's unfortunate.

Thank you for the support Chipper1 and Jed1124.

I've been a member here since 02 and have learned a lot on this site. I've bought a lot and sold little here.

I'm just wanting to sell a nice little firewood saw that I don't use or need anymore to help fund another saw project that I will use more.

I would want the buyer of this saw to feel confident that the saw is represented accurately and if they weren't happy with it upon receiving it, to contact me so we could work it out somehow.

Again, thanks for the support and if anyone has any questions about the saw, please ask.

Thank you for the support Chipper1 and Jed1124.

I've been a member here since 02 and have learned a lot on this site. I've bought a lot and sold little here.

I'm just wanting to sell a nice little firewood saw that I don't use or need anymore to help fund another saw project that I will use more.

I would want the buyer of this saw to feel confident that the saw is represented accurately and if they weren't happy with it upon receiving it, to contact me so we could work it out somehow.

Again, thanks for the support and if anyone has any questions about the saw, please ask.
That's what I hear in everything up to this point :).
GLWS

I asked a question to verify if the saw was a Lucas owned saw. I've seen those markings before and I asked a question. Mr Hill then asked why is it pertinent, to which I answered. Most commercial saws are used a few hours a day 5 days a week. Over the course of only a few years that engine could have a few thousand hours on it. It can be the most highly maintained and well cared for saw but it still doesn't dismiss the fact of where the saw came from. Wouldn't this be pertinent information to a prospective buyer? There is a Lucas tree base/location in my area and they mark their saws in the exact same place where the grinds marks are. When they sell/trash their saws they grind off their markings.

I'm not trying to bash his saw, his thread or imply anything about the man's character. This site is about providing info, so knowing who the original owner of the saw is pertinent.

I asked a question to verify if the saw was a Lucas owned saw. I've seen those markings before and I asked a question. Mr Hill then asked why is it pertinent, to which I answered. Most commercial saws are used a few hours a day 5 days a week. Over the course of only a few years that engine could have a few thousand hours on it. It can be the most highly maintained and well cared for saw but it still doesn't dismiss the fact of where the saw came from. Wouldn't this be pertinent information to a prospective buyer? There is a Lucas tree base/location in my area and they mark their saws in the exact same place where the grinds marks are. When they sell/trash their saws they grind off their markings.

I'm not trying to bash his saw, his thread or imply anything about the man's character. This site is about providing info, so knowing who the original owner of the saw is pertinent.
The problem is you said it's fact.
As I said above you should have contacted him in a PM and went from there.
You may not have been trying to bash his saw (I didn't get the vibe you were trying to bash his character) but you put the though/doubt in others minds.
I try to give people the benefit of doubt and ask. I don't know either of you personally(or don't remember if I do, if I do please forgive me, but I'll give you both the benefit of doubt.
The site is about providing info, but you have not provided info as much as speculation. Do you "know who the original owner is" if not stop implying that it's someone and say it could have been owned by..., but as I said before I believe that should have been done in a PM before anything was said here in his post.
I think it's more about how you went about it and the wording you chose that I personally didn't appreciate.
If you've ever placed and ad here you'd understand what I'm saying.

You may not have been trying to bash his saw (I didn't get the vibe you were trying to bash his character) but you put the though/doubt in others minds.
I try to give people the benefit of doubt and ask. I don't know either of you personally(or don't remember if I do, if I do please forgive me, but I'll give you both the benefit of doubt.
The site is about providing info, but you have not provided info as much as speculation. Do you "know who the original owner is" if not stop implying that it's someone and say it could have been owned by..., but as I said before I believe that should have been done in a PM before anything was said here in his post.
I think it's more about how you went about it and the wording you chose that I personally didn't appreciate.
Just send him a bushel of brussels...everyone likes those

Chipper1,

Well said and agreed, thank you.

Now that we've thoroughly speculated the possibilities of this saws history and how many hours it may, may not, or could have,

Bump for a nice saw.

If anyone had any questions or wants any specific details, please let me know.

Let me add to some speculation.:D

I see the clutch cover is orange. So is the one on my own 346xp NE. I have heard that the covers on the NEs are supposed to be grey/gray. The previous owner of mine told me he had replaced it with one off of a 346 OE. As you are not the original owner, I can see where you may not have any idea as to where your clutch cover came from.

Just curious about this as this is the only other 346 I have seen with the orange cover. Not that it is not easy to replace it with an orange one....

Orange clutch cover is a bonus! Some of the NE saws came with orange covers but not many.

Neal has/had a ton of 346 parts, so he probably swapped the cover for this one.

I wouldn't have a problem at all owning this saw. Neal is a good dude and knows these saws inside & out.
Knowing it came from him is better than unknown history.

I didn't know selling a nice little saw like this would entice all this speculation. Maybe we could get a sticky started on this topic. :)

When I spoke with Neal about getting this saw from him, I asked if he had an orange clutch cover to put on it. I know he had a lot of small Husky parts and he was able to get one for me. I think the 346 shares the same clutch cover with several other small saws of its era.

Then I bought a NOS 346 with the silver clutch cover. One of the first things I did after getting it ported by Randy was to order a new OEM orange clutch cover. I think I sold the silver cover here.

I'm just not a fan of the silver clutch covers. Mainly because they get scratched up and dull with little use. I've seen several of these saws where the entire saw looked brand new and the silver clutch cover was all tore up. Poor color/paint choice by Husky in my opinion.

I sent Neal an email yesterday to ask him specifically what he did to the saws that he sold. He sent me a detailed response of all that he would do and/or check on these saws. In short, he thoroughly went through the saw down to the bearings/seals and replaced anything needing replacement or that was questionable with OEM parts. I know a lot of folks on here bought these and other saws from Neal and I never heard any complaints about his saws. There are plenty that would speak up if the saw wasn't right or didn't last.

I had a friend buy the exact same saw from Neal after running mine. He runs the balls off of his and has had zero issues in 3+ years.

Sunfish, thanks for the info about and confidence in Neal and his saws. I've never met the man but he obviously has made a good name for himself amongst many that know their way around a saw. He treated me right and sold quality saws. I wish he was still on here because be was always one to share knowledge and help folks learn. One of the main reasons many of us joined the site.

This saw is still available.

Back