346XP Kickstand

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I find it hard to understand why this is bothering people in the first place......:help:

Troll,

When toping out a tree in the brush, quite often ya have to place the saw down to drag branches or brambles outta the way.

The 346xp, not bieng a patient saw, tries to vibrate itself back to work, and ends up vibrating around in the slop on the clutch cover.

It does make a mess of the pretty grey cover, and often ya get mud and sand in there where it dosn't belong.

It is just an annoyance, but after a bit it just adds up like a really pretty gal that say's "Like, ya know" 30 times in a sentance.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

I have not noticed this behavior from either my old or new edition 346xp nor do my 350s flop over. I use my mostly for limbing and rarely put them down but if I do I usually shut the saw off. I usually run 16” NK bars on these little saws. Perhaps a longer bar might be causing them to flip more easily??

I've got an extra stand for my YZ. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm, it just might work.:hmm3grin2orange:
attachment.php

I put a 357/359 spike on mine and it doesn't fall over at all, never really had a problem with it before, just wanted a bigger spike for bucking small stuff.

Scott

Since all 026's in the world were suddenly worthless the day the 346NE came out, you might as well use it as a prop to hold up the Husky.:dizzy:

No envy here, my saws been running for over a decade, has a matching clutch cover and doesn't need a kickstand.:)

No envy here, my saws been running for over a decade, has a matching clutch cover and doesn't need a kickstand.:)
litefoot,

I have to say, I was kinda getting envy for a 346xp, I will admit, but after I got a blown 350 and got it running, I don't have that feeling anymore...

I was just kidding with 'ya, and it does seem like the 346xp will create world peace somehow, by the way folks speak of them.

I mean, it wasn't long ago that sawyers were walking across water using a 361, but the 346xpne (gotta make sure you get the ne, doncha know?;)) seems to allow sawyers to continue walking across water in a lighter package. :hmm3grin2orange:

Having a date of the lifetime ,,,beautiful woman,,and look at her and she has a booger on the tip of her nose...You know she's hot,,,lookin good,,but that one thing that just bothers ya...... LOL!!!

You really have a way with words!

It doesn't look like what I want is available. So I guess it'll have to be made. The 357 inner spike is a nice addition without being to big. But it still leaves the saw tippy. The solution is a custom made outer spike. I overlaid a 372 outer spike and the 357 inner spike and made a template. Next is to find a machinist to mill it out;) What do you think? Think there's a market for these?

683537048_gspH9-M.jpg

683537154_k4HXm-M.jpg

Last edited:
It doesn't look like what I want is available. So I guess it'll have to be made.
Well in that case I would hold off on painting your buddies saw pink until after he can help you fab a pair up...seems he knows a thing or two about machining...:clap:

Might be a good time to start kissing his fat ass in case it's possible to mend the damage you've caused over the past could days! :hmm3grin2orange:

Since all 026's in the world were suddenly worthless the day the 346NE came out, you might as well use it as a prop to hold up the Husky.:dizzy:

I usually use the MS361 to support it :laugh::laugh: , but only in the car, as those are the ones that usually follow me........:givebeer:

The (3.5hp) 260 PRO has been sold at a bargain basement price here this year (less than the campaign price on the Husky 450), and I still don't regard it as a real option.........

Last edited:
Well in that case I would hold off on painting your buddies saw pink until after he can help you fab a pair up...seems he knows a thing or two about machining...:clap:

Might be a good time to start kissing his fat ass in case it's possible to mend the damage you've caused over the past could days! :hmm3grin2orange:

Nik doesn' mind the pink. He wears purple diapers to contrast the saw:greenchainsaw:

Back