• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold 346XP NE

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm curious to see how my fresh 346 compares to the newish 5100 I just picked up.
First time I have had both at the same time
In my experience, it will depend on the bar and chain choice. 346 is faster with .325 and shorter bars, the torque of the Dolly pulls it ahead on the bigger end of the 50cc spectrum. I'm curious what you find though.

In my experience, it will depend on the bar and chain choice. 346 is faster with .325 and shorter bars, the torque of the Dolly pulls it ahead on the bigger end of the 50cc spectrum. I'm curious what you find though.
I have both fitted with 3/8 currently
Both muffler modded but 346 has base delete

Nice and clean. OCD like others may have. I thought the same thing about 550 and 562, almost same size. Cut with one I rebuilt, then grabbed my 562 and cut. Was surprised how much smaller and lighter 550 felt. Will compare them to 572 when dropping some oak wilt trees. Have you removed a 572 muffler screen and noticed how muffler is opened up more than I thought it would be. GLWS.

Nice and clean. OCD like others may have. I thought the same thing about 550 and 562, almost same size. Cut with one I rebuilt, then grabbed my 562 and cut. Was surprised how much smaller and lighter 550 felt. Will compare them to 572 when dropping some oak wilt trees. Have you removed a 572 muffler screen and noticed how muffler is opened up more than I thought it would be. GLWS.
All I've done this far is fondle a 572 at the dealer

I just took the oiler apart. Everything looked normal. I cleaned everything real good, dabbed a little YB4 around the sealing surfaces, and bolted it back together. Maybe I was just being anal about the dribble. Maybe it will be gone tomorrow. Either way, there's nothing defective in there.

I just took the oiler apart. Everything looked normal. I cleaned everything real good, dabbed a little YB4 around the sealing surfaces, and bolted it back together. Maybe I was just being anal about the dribble. Maybe it will be gone tomorrow. Wither way, there's nothing defective in there.
I would be more worried if most my saws didn't leak a little oil while sitting.

Just ran this thing making a couple noodling cuts in some ash rounds. Shoulda video'd because it runs really good. I set it on the bench so I'll have a report on leakage later. I'm heading up north to the Evart area tomorrow, I can bring it along if anyone wants to take it for a spin. @bowtechmadman this would look really good sitting next to a 5100s.

I would be more worried if most my saws didn't leak a little oil while sitting.
I wish I could share your concern Paul. I snuck out to the shop before heading out this morning and there wasn't a drop on the bench under it. Still plenty in the bar too. The dribble is fixed. This one's ready for a new owner.

I just took the oiler apart. Everything looked normal. I cleaned everything real good, dabbed a little YB4 around the sealing surfaces, and bolted it back together. Maybe I was just being anal about the dribble. Maybe it will be gone tomorrow. Either way, there's nothing defective in there.
What is yb4?
I have the same leak on mine.

Daymn Tim,
I wish I’d seen your ad first. I bought this one Monday for a friend with a tree service. He gave me two to make one and I was able to get the 45cc one up and running. Not enough of the 50cc left to save, and it’s his fav climbing saw.
Oh well, when it gets here I’m gonna offer it to him for $375. After running this 346, if he don’t want it I’ll be proud to keep it. Screaming little saw.
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/173991345915

See ya! Jim

Back