346XP or MS261?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
We're always debating here about what's the best saw. I have mine, and you have yours. My favorite 50cc saw is the 346XP. However, the MS261 is a phenominal choice as well. I hadn't done one in a while, and I tell you what, these little things are impressive! This one is still on it's first 1/2 tank of fuel too. Just wait until it's broken in!

Again, no popup in this saw. It's just not needed. Before I had it in wood, it was already over 180 PSI. I'm sure it'll top 190 PSI once it gets some fuel through it.

I've got it setup with a 20" B&C and a .325 chisel chain. The saw's only wearing a 7-pin rim and is hungry for an 8-pin, even with the 20" bar in hardwood. This is as close as you can get to 70cc power in a little 50cc saw. They really are just that strong.

So, to all of us 346XP lovers, don't count out the competition:clap:

BTW, I've been waiting all day on it to quit raining long enough to get this thing in wood. I needed to tune it, and wanted to get a video of it. I'll have it headed back to it's home on Monday.

Last edited:
Good job as always Brad, how does it compare to the 362 you did? Seems like its not far off from what I remember...

Spent about 3 hours behide a 261 today what makes it even better is we had two 24 year olds spliting and stacking what we cut up :)

I put a loop of RSLHK on and boy does it go thru Pacfic Northwest Soft Wood (Alder)

Just about 2/3 of cord per tree 4 trees down today and another 4 trees tomorrow

Lifes is GOOD :)

The guy I was cutting with had a 266 Husky (?) going to have to look up what size it is but I sure like how the 261 ran compared to that Husky; I do think my chain was just a little better than his chain :)

The guy I was cutting with had a 266 Husky (?) going to have to look up what size it is but I sure like how the 261 ran compared to that Husky; I do think my chain was just a little better than his chain :)

66 cc's

I'm callin you out.....

Bradley Snelling...

Where's the video of the 346xp?

You know which 346 I'm talking about.

I know you've got at least one video.

post it.

post it you turkey!

:)

Really like the weight of the 346xp. Had 3 go down on me last week. My 261 is still running strong. I really hated to loose those saws. It's time to rebuild.

Gotta be honest. I have both. I like the 346 a little better, but I really like both saws. Both are stock, just muffler modded.

Back