346xp VS 346 xpg Whats the difference??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

saginaw22

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Hey guys looking at buying a new saw today

I am using the saw for a firewood saw. I already have the husy 575 for my big saw and now I am looking for a smaller limbing saw to work with. I have heard great things about this saw and have a few bucks in my pocket to spend

the 346 xp or the 346 xpg

Both of my saw dealers can get em or have in in stock. But I am not sure what ones they have though.

one place its 369.00 with a 10% discount today but its a boxy type chain
the other place has to order it and take a couple of days to get it in....no big deal. But the second guys price is the the 369.00 but this guy has been in business for 30 + yrs and hes about 30 miles away. But he owes the business and services the saws himself I think.

The new box store has husy bar oil for 5.99 a gallon....also thinking about stocking up on a few cases of bar oil for the future.

help me out here guys...
thanks
saginaw22

I've never ran either stock so I can't say but over in the chainsaw forum plenty has been written about them. Woods ported that is one mighty mean little saw.

Hey guys looking at buying a new saw today

I am using the saw for a firewood saw. I already have the husy 575 for my big saw and now I am looking for a smaller limbing saw to work with. I have heard great things about this saw and have a few bucks in my pocket to spend

the 346 xp or the 346 xpg

Both of my saw dealers can get em or have in in stock. But I am not sure what ones they have though.

one place its 369.00 with a 10% discount today but its a boxy type chain
the other place has to order it and take a couple of days to get it in....no big deal. But the second guys price is the the 369.00 but this guy has been in business for 30 + yrs and hes about 30 miles away. But he owes the business and services the saws himself I think.

The new box store has husy bar oil for 5.99 a gallon....also thinking about stocking up on a few cases of bar oil for the future.

help me out here guys...
thanks
saginaw22
I have a 395 XPG and it has heated handles and a heated carb. I think thats what the XPG means but not for sure.

xpg

It has heated handles.I run mine with a 20" bar.It's great.Did a muff mod and it runs like a raped ape!
Ed

It is worth the drive. See what else he has in the shop. He will most likely toss in an extra loop and hat. He is most likely the box store’s repair shop. I would ask the box store experts, “Who does their repair work?” If it is the same gentlemen, well…

XPG, G==Generator, to provide heated handles and carb with electrical power.

I am not real sure about which one it is.

I hope its the NE 50cc but what are the pros and cons of the
old 45cc and the NE 50cc one?

The older one is a more specialized limbing saw, for high speed cutting of not too big wood. The newer one is just as fast but with a bit more torque and might be seen as more of an all-round saw than the older one.

You probably want the newer one.

Last edited:
Yeah I ended up getting the NE 346xp Cat-muffler for $416+tax

Its a great saw. I have put 8-9 tanks of gas though it. Fast little saw, good power and just want I was looking for.

I would love to get the thing modded and see this machine come alive.

Thanks for the info.....

Congratulations!!!

Good job on the NE346XP!

You might want to consider getting a non-cat muffler and retuning. It will wake up even more. Will run a bit cooler too!

Al :cheers:

Latest posts

Back