35 Huskee Splitter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ayoung65

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I have a Huskee 35 splitter. I have had the splitter for nearly three years. I have not had any trouble with it until today. It has split many many cords of wood without fail. Some of the knarly crotches,and all,and it has split it.

Today I noticed fluid leaking from around the welded on valve on the cylider. It is not from the threads, but from the weld itself. Do you think that JB weld willwork on this or not?

No JB weld will not work, call speeco the maker of your splitter. There is a sticker on mine that states "call 1-800-XXXXXX for responsive service", that is Speeco. Use the search function here, and you will see numerous examples of their excellent customer service and will find their number at the same time.

Kevin @ speeco weighs in.

Unfortunately, you can't jb weld a cylinder leak as the cylinder is under pressure. Welding also isn't very feasible as the cylinder would need to be dis-assembled and completely cleaned before any welding. The cylinder will need to be replaced.

You have very little to lose by at least trying to weld it. Pull the hoses off, cover them with a cloth and hit it with a mig, then nail it with water. You screw it up and it's still worth scrap steel price.

We welded one on an old garbage truck. Removed the return hose and had it facing down so we could back flush it. Pack wet rags around it as you weld. Flushed it several times working it by hand. Anything inside should get caught by the filter.

I wonder why it cracked on the splitter in the first place. :confused:

My 2009 Huskee 35-ton has the following warranty:

3 year warranty on material/workmanship
2 year manufacturer's warranty on engine
1 year warranty on hydraulic components

I have a Huskee 35 splitter. I have had the splitter for nearly three years. I have not had any trouble with it until today. It has split many many cords of wood without fail. Some of the knarly crotches,and all,and it has split it.

Today I noticed fluid leaking from around the welded on valve on the cylider. It is not from the threads, but from the weld itself. Do you think that JB weld willwork on this or not?

Young 65 fella, have you called Speeco yet? Their customer service is EXCELLENT. I suggest you call them right away, if you haven't yet. I'm sure they'll make it right.

I had a problem a couple of years ago, and figured I was just out the money. Several folks here told me to call. I figured I had nothing to lose, and I was VERY pleasantly surprised by the excellent service I got.

Back