35 ton huskee value

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blackbruin

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I have a 35 ton huskee log splitter that i bought about 2011 I've been thinking about getting rid of for a smaller more mobile model. I've never had an issue besides the plastic fenders ripping off and I had the cylinder rebuilt cause it started leaking out the shaft seal. It has the Briggs 1650, which I've never put ethanol gas in. But it's just so darn heavy and overkill for what I do. I need something lighter so I can move it around where I cut. Heck its alot to load it into the trailer up the ramp by myself. I was just wondering what you might think the value is? I'm gonna put it up for sale and find one or trade with maybe some cash on my end depending....thanks

I have a 35 ton huskee log splitter that i bought about 2011 I've been thinking about getting rid of for a smaller more mobile model. I've never had an issue besides the plastic fenders ripping off and I had the cylinder rebuilt cause it started leaking out the shaft seal. It has the Briggs 1650, which I've never put ethanol gas in. But it's just so darn heavy and overkill for what I do. I need something lighter so I can move it around where I cut. Heck its alot to load it into the trailer up the ramp by myself. I was just wondering what you might think the value is? I'm gonna put it up for sale and find one or trade with maybe some cash on my end depending....thanks
What’s the weight difference between a 35 ton unit and lower tonnage model? I had a 35 ton Huskee (SpeeCo) and it was physically almost the same size as my buddies DHT 22 ton splitter and they were both too heavy to manhandle without equipment. There’s no way I’d swap one hyd. splitter for another unless I was getting a substantial performance boost..like log lift, way faster cycle time or a big multi-split wedge. Or are going SuperSplit ?

I'm looking at an older mckissick style like I used to have. I'm just trying to get a price point to list this splitter at..say $1300?

Splitter seem to hold value ok compared to other things. $700-800 range sight unseen. Get new price, used and in working order, minimum 50% of new price. Probably close to 75%.

Looks like a DHT 35 ton is about $1900 new. Start at $1300 and see. Although that seems a bit high yet.

I'm looking at an older mckissick style like I used to have. I'm just trying to get a price point to list this splitter at..say $1300?

I spent about 6 months watching for a used splitter on marketplace and craigslist. 75% of new price seems to be the usual asking price. Any less than that and they were usually gone within a day around here.

Back