357 or 026

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rog...prefer to do the saw when its new...and I spent all day yesterday in the sun at Sun Peaks:) last day of the year for me...
the 3120 is coming along good...darn lawnmowers are starting to show up cut into my chainsaw time....gonna have to stop that...

lawnmowers in igloo country??????

Oh, so now you tell me!! So I can expect to pay $100 extra for the 3120, or 2 million in funny money???

Harumphf......

Any chance of meeting me at Whistler end of April?
We could do a lot of glading with that 3120!! Maybe put an 090 on the other end, and clear a whole run in nothing flat!!

Or are you still scared of heights?

Rog...whistler is a possibility...when do they shut down or is Blackcomb still open..?? I was up at the Peaks this weekend...couldnt get my backside edge to catch well...good thing for riding hardtop....we will talk about whistler...

Yeah..the mowers are coming out of the woodwork...snow is just aout gone here...I actually pulled my mountainbike out...ordered my dirtbike parts....how sweet is that...you want an adrenaline rush...you should get on my bike...540cc two stroke...tuned pipe...ported and shaved head...:eek:

Cool.

Always wanted a dirt bike. A bud has some, maybe i'll ride his.
He sold me my old Yamaha 650, after he got a Harley Heritage. He also has two Toyotas 4wd's, one is pretty tricked out

My mt bike sits too much, what a waste, I must be gettin' old, bought it cheap from my sponsored buddy, who gets a new frame every year. Full susp K2, Deore XT and XTR.

Blackcomb closes Apr 21, so maybe I'll come up earlier. I'd like to be able to ski both hills. Based on current work load, looks like I could manage three days up there. Fri- Sun, 4/19-21 would work, I'll bet.

How long of a drive is it for you? 3.5-4 for me is all.

Rog

Rog..that may work..have to check all schedules first..but we will see....the drive to Whistler is about 6-7 hours...
I am in the process of picking up a new mtn bike...Cannondale "Lefty" from a guy in Ontario..full susp..same xtr components....but full hydraulic disc brakes.. I rode it last fall in Ottawa...landed on my head lots getting used to the brakes
...call me about the ski trip

Rog,
Let's you, me and Den the Creep meet at Mammoth Mtn. sometime so you and I can take pictures of him running his Cannondale down the Kamakaze at 60 or 70 MPH. I'm mad at him right now because he will have disc brakes and I only have XTR V's. My three year old Gary Fisher does have a Marzocchi Z1 downhill front fork as well as a Stratos adjusrtable rear shock, though. I'd like to get Denise to dress up to look like Missy Giove, the Cannondale works downhill racer. I think he'd actually be cuter; especially upside down.:dizzy:

Doug, you too are a crack up.!!

I have a K2 full susp, got from my sponsored buddy Wayne, who gets a new frame every yr. I was the first photog to shoot him, and our buddy Keith Rollins, who is on the cover of Bike this month, or last.

mammoth rules, but it is too big and steep for that creep with one plank... or in summer, two square rims.. I think we'll restrict him to the Blackcomb downhill, which is only 5280 feet.

I was at Blackcomb back in 88 for, among other events, CC, DH, the second ever dual bike slalom. (The first was at Mammoth.) I landed a cover photo of the winner Greg Herbold.

Doug...I am not quite sure why you want to see me upside down...that kinda scares me actually....

Downhilling istn really my forte (sp?) last time i was out dh...i knocked myself out for about 2 minutes...didnt know what direction to go after...it was pretty bad...once again...glad i ride hardtop...always....

Merely refering to the fact that most DHer's end up upside down eventually, especially on Mammoth. Nothing to get excited about.
By the way, why get a mountain bike if you ride hardtop only?:confused:

Doug..ok...lol..you were scaring me...and yeah...I end up going over the bars lots with the hyd disc...I always wear my helmet when riding mountainbike or snowboard...I dont have enough control...lol...

Back to chainsaws.

Well done Dennis and Ken! Now who wants to do the 266?

Baldylocks and the three bears...

doug's 266/272

Hello Mr Babcock,
Quit procrastinating Doug, just put it on the big brown truck. I'll get my fast 272 barrel back from dennis and we'll make a fast 266 husky stock saw out of it.
ken

Jonsered 2159

I have the new Jonsered 2159 it is 3.6 cu in and sells for 435.00 at the local dealer. It is almost like the Husky 357. I was brousing ebay. There is one there.
I love mine and would put it up againts any saw in its class

Hi Dennis
I have always been interested in learning how to Modify chainsaw engines and the small model engines.
If you have some information and where to find it.
Please let me know.
Thanks

Doug, you remind me of my old friend and ski model Karen. She could rip up Crystal Mt all day long with the best guys on the hill, she had a mt bike, a road bike, board sailed the Gorge, paddled a bit, ran, and had a Kawasaki Ninja. She got married, had kids, quit skiing as hard. Last I saw her, she was at the bike shop, in full leathers, getting her Ducati 900 tuned up for her sessions at the track.

Her bumper sticker used to read, "She who retires with the most toys, wins"!!!

So where's the disc brakes on that sweet Gary Fisher?? What is it's weight, 23 lb? my old K2 Proflex is 25.

..To turn is to admit defeat...

Dodg

Hey greff, Whistler or bust!!!

Back