359 to 357xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just purchased the stainless screen bigger than the spark arrestor mesh to replace the center baffle in the muffler. That baffle is more of a barrier that hinders the flow.

I just purchased the stainless screen bigger than the spark arrestor mesh to replace the center baffle in the muffler. That baffle is more of a barrier that hinders the flow.

The whole idea behind the fine mesh is to catch the sparks- if you go bigger mesh, you might as well just leave the mesh out.

I purchased a 359 because I wanted the lightest saw closest to a 60 cc saw I could get. I have a 353, 350, 346, 257 already,
Seems like you already had it on board --> the 257. My 257 has more grunt than the other three in your list and easily pulls a 20" bar with 3/8" pitch chain. Great noodle cutter also. Just MHO.

I have two 257’s we will see if one will run.
If you get one tuned right, I think you will be surprised at its power. The 357 has another half HP, but many have said that's only because it has a higher top end RPM. I like the way it kicks out noodles and seldom clogs up while doing so.

Back