• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Trade 36" 404 powermatch bar and chain

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bushwackr

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Im looking to trade my new 36" 404 power match bar for bigger stihls I think 066 is as big as it fits and new skip chain. Im looking for a 36" 3/8 bar and chain for a ms660

066/660 both take the same "medium" Stihl mount (3003). The "large" mount (3002) is for saws like 076, 084, 088/880, but can be made to work on a 660 with an adapter and possibly a new oil hole drilled into the bar. In either case, changing the sprocket tip from 404 to 3/8 is cake, especially on the oregon bars as there is only 1 rivet. 5 minute job for a drill and a ball peen hammer.

I personally think you should keep the bar and change the tip. Good luck with whatever you decide.

Look for the model# of your bar - should be stamped on there someplace. If it's starts with "RN", it's probably part# 30853. If it's "PM" or "RW", it's 39520. Many of the site sponsors should have these in stock.

[EDIT] Lots of saw dealers also carry Oregon products. You can probably find one locally, and maybe even get them to install it for you if they do repairs.

Ok I will take a look at the number on the bar. The oregon dealer here is about useless I will prob get it from one of the sponsors

Latest posts

Back