• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy 36" chainsaw.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

edrrt

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Looking for a bigger saw to buck 4' and larger oak for a reasonable price. Maybe a 288xp or similar with a 36" bar. Seems I just missed a nice one here.

Thx

What's a reasonable price? Big saws arent cheap
300-750 prob depending on what it is

The nos 288xp that sold for 325 was buy. A 395xp in excellent shape w a new 36" bar and chain just sold on CL near me for 700. I'd have bought either so thats why give that range but it depends what it is.

I guess he found one
I haven't found something I like yet.

Right now I'm leaning towards a 390/ 394/ 395.

I'd consider something else if I felt it was a great deal but $900 for a 066 PHO isn't what I was looking for yet. I see near new 395's with new 36" bars/ chains going for less so I feel I should keep looking.

I think would prefer a saw this size with a decompression valve as well for the ease of starting.

I'm watching ebay, several forums, CL. Several saws I would have wanted sold in the past few weeks so I'm just waiting to see if something better comes on the market.

Are you only looking for currently running saws? If project saws also work, I have a few that may be of interest

Back