• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold 361

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not getting alerts on this post for some reason, but just came in here and there it was.
Not sure what your point is. But how much are you selling it for?
Also, could we see some pictures of the other side?

You asked what the fukkers fetch...mine isnt for sale...but if it was...maybe 575-625 with light port work and a custom muffler.

20161101_231502.jpg
e212ea73fe9ca0f4b480c62110681de0.jpg

You asked what the fukkers fetch...mine isnt for sale...but if it was...maybe 575-625 with light port work and a custom muffler.

View attachment 534695
View attachment 534697
That looks great.
We had already established what they go for, besides there is a place for posting that stuff, called the you suck thread man your a lucky guy :numberone:.
How did you do the muffler like that, it's sweet:chainsaw:.

That looks great.
We had already established what they go for, besides there is a place for posting that stuff, called the you suck thread man your a lucky guy :numberone:.
How did you do the muffler like that, it's sweet:chainsaw:.

Im not sure if i suck or not , i figured i bought a new one in 2008 for 519 plus tax , this one was almost ten years old...no warranty...at any moment it could have sprung a leak..had a coil go bad or who knows what with an older saw that you know nothing about...i figured i paid what it was worth.

I had to buy a carb kit/fuel line/filter/spark plug because it sat for 7 years but other than that i got lucky it had no issues... ive ended up ass out on older saws i overpaid for..you never know.

Im not sure if i suck or not , i figured i bought a new one in 2008 for 519 plus tax , this one was almost ten years old...no warranty...at any moment it could have sprung a leak..had a coil go bad or who knows what with an older saw that you know nothing about...i figured i paid what it was worth.

I had to buy a carb kit/fuel line/filter/spark plug because it sat for 7 years but other than that i got lucky it had no issues... ive ended up ass out on older saws i overpaid for..you never know.
I still think you suck lol.
Besides how much did you sell yours for and how many hrs did it have when you sold it :).
I'd be happy to give 425 for a 361 that looked like that. To me the value of a used saw must be looked at in comparison to the cost of like goods in the present market. Most times the newer products cost have risen substantially, but the quality goes down. Also I don't like to buy the "beta version" of anything, but rather one that has proven itself just as the 361 has. It's replacement was a slug and the c version was ok, but not what I'd buy if I wanted new, and hence you have the legend of the 361 which is similar to the 372, but i'd buy and x-torq 372 in a heartbeat. I most always advise people to buy a used pro saw for a bit less than you would spend on a farm ranch saw. If you buy saws that way and can get over the cosmetics you end up with a high quality saw for a good price that is a pleasure to run and has way more power. I figure a warranty is pretty useless, every time I have ever tried to use one other than on auto parts I end up loosing out:rare2:.

When buying used I mostly buy low hr stuff that has been used. The worse thing for most small engines is for them to sit around with fuel in them without being used. I try to run every saw I own at least every month or two and to not let them sit.

I guess I'll give you a bit more for yours when your ready to sell since you did the tune up and the porting and all.
Do you have a video of it running somewhere:chainsaw:.

I still think you suck lol.
Besides how much did you sell yours for and how many hrs did it have when you sold it :).
I'd be happy to give 425 for a 361 that looked like that. To me the value of a used saw must be looked at in comparison to the cost of like goods in the present market. Most times the newer products cost have risen substantially, but the quality goes down. Also I don't like to buy the "beta version" of anything, but rather one that has proven itself just as the 361 has. It's replacement was a slug and the c version was ok, but not what I'd buy if I wanted new, and hence you have the legend of the 361 which is similar to the 372, but i'd buy and x-torq 372 in a heartbeat. I most always advise people to buy a used pro saw for a bit less than you would spend on a farm ranch saw. If you buy saws that way and can get over the cosmetics you end up with a high quality saw for a good price that is a pleasure to run and has way more power. I figure a warranty is pretty useless, every time I have ever tried to use one other than on auto parts I end up loosing out:rare2:.

When buying used I mostly buy low hr stuff that has been used. The worse thing for most small engines is for them to sit around with fuel in them without being used. I try to run every saw I own at least every month or two and to not let them sit.

I guess I'll give you a bit more for yours when your ready to sell since you did the tune up and the porting and all.
Do you have a video of it running somewhere:chainsaw:.

I hear ya..guys have offered me 800 bucks for the damn thing because a 362c is approaching that price after tax anyway..ive taken it out a few times to cut a dump load of wood but all in all it still looks brand new , i always use fresh e-free and keep the saw spotless...maybe someday ill sell it lol.

I have 3 of them :)

If a 361 had the filtration set up of a 362c it would be the ultimate firewood saw in my opinion.

So that's two votes for Ryan sucking:lol:. Hi John :hi:.

Is there a thread on the job you did on the muffler Ryan.

Homelite410 did it...i think he charges 75 bucks..its gutted and sounds mean as hell , i added the clutch cover with the captive nuts and large chip deflector along with both dawgs too..it really is a sweet ass saw.

That's not a gauge, it pure thievery.

Im a sucker for 361s..they are my favorite stihl saw and mostly all anyone needs to cut firewood logs.

Someone should buy this dudes saw..its one of stihls best..old school quad port 2 smoker...all it needs is a good muffler mod and they rip pretty good.

Homelite410 did it...i think he charges 75 bucks..its gutted and sounds mean as hell , i added the clutch cover with the captive nuts and large chip deflector along with both dawgs too..it really is a sweet ass saw.
That's not bad for a great looking mod that looks as though it is a factory job, he does great work.
I'd love to see/ hear it run, it's gotta sound sweet.
Im a sucker for 361s..they are my favorite stihl saw and mostly all anyone needs to cut firewood logs.

Someone should buy this dudes saw..its one of stihls best..old school quad port 2 smoker...all it needs is a good muffler mod and they rip pretty good.
Me too. That's part of my problem, I'm a sucker for saws in general LOL. I agree they are one of the best all around saws for firewood, and I've ran quite a few :).
You'll see what I mean when I list some of the others soon lol.

Thanks.

not bad, trying to move a 3120k chop saw in the ( chainsaw parts section ) however may get bored and put it together myself ..I keep an eye out on the new listings have a few myself should lest waiting a see how the 3120k does ....see around Brett :hi:

Attachments

• 20161115_170936_resized.jpg
    20161115_170936_resized.jpg
    348 KB · Views: 3
  • 20161027_190750_resized.jpg
    20161027_190750_resized.jpg
    758.1 KB · Views: 4
  • 20161027_190757_resized.jpg
    20161027_190757_resized.jpg
    842.6 KB · Views: 4
  • 20161030_180912_resized.jpg
    20161030_180912_resized.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 6
  • MS271 11.jpg
    MS271 11.jpg
    965.1 KB · Views: 3
  • stihl 250c.PNG
    stihl 250c.PNG
    116.1 KB · Views: 6
  • 20161115_171223_resized.jpg
    20161115_171223_resized.jpg
    294.3 KB · Views: 2
Looks like my place, also looks like you've been doing more than tire kicking :laugh:.
That 028 looks great.
Never ran a 440, but the 450 is like a plastic version of the 353 and is my favorite plastic saw other than my 2145 with a ported 346 cylinder :D.
Does the 250 have the picco chain, awesome chain and I'm sure the 250 would pull a 16" great with picco.
Here's a family picture with one of the cousins and a few distant relatives.
The 201 I just picked up, looking forward to giving it a test run against the ms200 rear handle I'll be selling the loser.20161116_091008.jpg

ya i here ya the 440 is not anything special for sure however sure does run good for a little guy ...was straight gassed new factory cylinder/piston kit was $58 so figured it a fixer for sure , yes picco chain on the 250 is the cm model easy adjust chain and easy start ( not a fan)) 028 is near mint a may be a keeper ............ those 200 /201 saws are expensive and nice ....that is a damb nice jonsered you have there ....would not mind owning that one or the 461 for sure

Latest posts

Back