• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy 371/372

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Same bars, both stock

Maybe one chain was filed more than the other, not to an obvious degree though; that I couldn't tell you. Unfortunately, neither saw was mine. There are some minor parts differences between the two models, so maybe that aids in the weight difference. however, maybe it wasn't actually weight difference but just feel/handling. I've held quite a few 372's and the 371 feels lighter. Hell, it feels lighter than my 562 with same bar/chain.

Obviously the paper specs are similar. The non XTs "feel" like a lighter saw to me because they run like one. More high strung, less torque. Stock at least. That's just one man's perception.

Not much Tim, just porting a few saws in between working shifts, finished up a 262, tomorrow is 550xp, how you been?

Not much Tim, just porting a few saws in between working shifts, finished up a 262, tomorrow is 550xp, how you been?
Been good. Busy. Looking forward to Sept. Many weekends off...

Let me know how that 550 comes out. A 2252 showed up here today I have some thoughts about.

Back