371 xp The **** happened???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

066blaster

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I had been hearing a little clanking around when the saw was tilted a certain way. Then a poof and shes tight. looks like a screw is jammed in there.Screenshot_20191223-122203_Gallery.jpg

I can't get it to fire, and it has a bad vibration to it when i pull it over. Some of the fins got busted off, not sure if that is the vibration.

I can't get it to fire, and it has a bad vibration to it when i pull it over. Some of the fins got busted off, not sure if that is the vibration.
You need a new flywheel, air conductor, air jet and maybe coil. Show us more pictures.

Is the flywheel key shorn off and the flywheel now loose on the shaft- unbalanced and out of timing.

Air horn screw or...?
Pretty sure that’s it, looks exactly like it. They have poor clearance at least on the 372 that I have. Loctite goes a long ways for this one screw on husky saws.
The vibration is probably the flywheel unbalanced now.. as you already mentioned :)

Pretty sure that’s it, looks exactly like it. They have poor clearance at least on the 372 that I have. Loctite goes a long ways for this one screw on husky saws.
The vibration is probably the flywheel unbalanced now.. as you already mentioned :)
I bought a new flywheel and coil. I haven't got around to fixing it yet...What is the "air horn"?

I got a really low hour 3120 in a box that stopped like that.A screw jambed between the flywheel and coil.Broke the coil and flywheel242.JPG .
The PO took it apart violently after it seized and disgusted with it threw it in a box.248.JPG 251.JPG

friend brought me a 372 that was jammed up...I figured seized pulled the muffler fine. screw in the back of the magnet stopping the engine every bout 90deg. haven't tried it but I bet it runs fine....

the can

Latest posts

Back