371xp saw compression

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you use anything in it's place? Or are the machined surfaces precise enough to assure no leaks?

Silastic, Hylomar, 3bond etc. As thin as you can apply it as most of it will be squeezed out. Around the edge of the crank case were the cyl sits in, run your finger along wiping away some of your sealer so it keeps it away from the edge. This is so that when the barrel is pulled down it helps prevent the sealer from oozing into the crank case area.

Cent, you cheap buzzard (said in my best THALL dialect), you need to invest in a new gauge!!!!

Cheap buzzard?!? Man, that is cold. Frugal buzzard, now that’s more like it. The gauge works fine as long as you know what the numbers are telling you. I once bought a husky 350 parts saw off fleabay that puffed 70psi on the same gauge. Minty shape except it had been straight gassed.

I just checked mine to see what kind of compression I have and it's pretty close to yours. I'm reading like 123, 124.
It's rebuilt with a big bore 52 mm cleaned up The Jug (not overly ported or anything). It runs extremely well! Tempted to put a pop-up piston in it to see if there is any significant difference.

Back