• Please be aware that we have recently gotten a wave of users that, when researched, are found to be from Nigeria. They are trying to sell products and asking to be paid through Zelle or Venmo leaving users with no recourse if they don't ship the product. If you suspect this activity please contact admin and we will research their information to verify their location.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors
Peak Industries

372 clone clutch E clip

jrwied

jrwied

ArboristSite Operative
I’ve “spun off” 2-3 already. Saw hasn’t started yet just popped a little. Trying to figure out why I’m spinning them off and destroying them upon trying to start it. Could it be because I didn’t torque my clutch? Just kinda hand tightened. Any input? Anyone seen this? I keep having to set it aside n buy more E clips.

NIP Group
mkinslow

mkinslow

ArboristSite Guru
Some I've dealt with weren't exactly tight enough and would come rather easily, so I went to an OEM clip and problem is gone

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

jrwied

jrwied

ArboristSite Operative
That was my experience with it too. I’ve ruined the clone issued one and two OEM. trying not to go for 4.

jrwied

jrwied

ArboristSite Operative
That’s what I was goin on. But I think because the saw isn’t starting I’m rattling it loose pulling n pulling.

old guy

old guy

Addicted to ArboristSite
Hardware store E clips are about .010 thinner than the clips that come on saws.
I would not use them!

jrwied

jrwied

ArboristSite Operative
I give it tiny zip with appropriate impact. But I was just lazy bout the clutch cuz Hearn you didn’t had to. Lol

noodlewalker

noodlewalker

ArboristSite Guru
No $hit? Uh lol this damn thing. Every detail. Is that a pic of the oem one?
No it's the one that belongs on a 660... Much better design though. You have to drill it out to a slightly larger diameter though, but with the kits, you will keep throwing clips unless you do this... Or go OEM on the washer and clip. Your choice, but this is what I have found to work flawlessly.