372 clone clutch E clip

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jrwied

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I’ve “spun off” 2-3 already. Saw hasn’t started yet just popped a little. Trying to figure out why I’m spinning them off and destroying them upon trying to start it. Could it be because I didn’t torque my clutch? Just kinda hand tightened. Any input? Anyone seen this? I keep having to set it aside n buy more E clips.

You think that’s the sole reason? Or could other things contribute?

That was my experience with it too. I’ve ruined the clone issued one and two OEM. trying not to go for 4.

That’s what I was goin on. But I think because the saw isn’t starting I’m rattling it loose pulling n pulling.

Yea I’m ok paying OEM E clip prices. Just hate paying shipping for such small orders.

No $hit? Uh lol this damn thing. Every detail. Is that a pic of the oem one?

Needless to say I’m having a lot more fun building ol stihls. But determined to make the chusky run.

I impact gun the clutch off and on. I’m very careful how much I spread the e clip installing it.

I give it tiny zip with appropriate impact. But I was just lazy bout the clutch cuz Hearn you didn’t had to. Lol

No $hit? Uh lol this damn thing. Every detail. Is that a pic of the oem one?
No it's the one that belongs on a 660... Much better design though. You have to drill it out to a slightly larger diameter though, but with the kits, you will keep throwing clips unless you do this... Or go OEM on the washer and clip. Your choice, but this is what I have found to work flawlessly.

Back