372OE with 268 pop up timing numbers help

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dunno about a 670. I thought 268 and 670 used the same piston. The first 268 piston saw I built was strong. But from there I’ve gone backwards. Some on purpose some not

I wouldn't give up on your P&C yet,I think I could squeeze lotsa power out of them if they were mine.
I think the more ex. dur. I reccomend will mean lower pressure in the crankcase causing less blowback and making more power. Then if you get it running right a bigger carb may help.

Well I think that carb could be the source of your problems. Stick a stock carb back on it and see how it runs.
A ****** carb that runs lean at low or mid range could be your problem,I thought we were dealing with a stock 372 carb. I told you,your P&C are probably ok,good for you buddy.
Just stick a stock carb on it,not modded,and try it ,I don't think your 170 degree intake timing is your problem.

And many so-called carb mods are totally incorrect,the carb would have been better left stock. If you don't completely understand how a carb works,don't modify it. I've seen all kinds of hocus-pocus mods,which won't work.

Back