• Please be aware that we have recently gotten a wave of users that, when researched, are found to be from Nigeria. They are trying to sell products and asking to be paid through Zelle or Venmo leaving users with no recourse if they don't ship the product. If you suspect this activity please contact admin and we will research their information to verify their location.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors
www.harvesterbars.com

372xp Is this too close? Cylinder Expansion?

jrwied

jrwied

ArboristSite Operative
I ended up tossing my huztl cases. I’m transferring everything over to a 371xp case that had some accoutrements already the OEM flywheel seems mighty close to jug after base gasket deleted. Nothing rubs. Any body got a safe measurement (2,3....10 business cards) of a safe gap. what kinda cylinder growth I’ll get once hot? Should I grind down the cylinder a frog hair? I don’t want this thing blowing to pieces.

Attachments

NIP Group
trappermike

trappermike

ArboristSite Guru
Ok,so your squish is a little big,I like .020" -.025",so reducing it .010' would be fine. Simply make yourself a thinner cyl. gasket,usually stock may be about .020",the cover of a phone book are often about .010",so that would do it. Measure your stock gasket with calipers then go find something .010" thinner and make a gasket. As for the flywheel getting close to the cyl.,just trim a tiny amount from the cyl.at the close spot,should be good.

Huskybill

Huskybill

Addicted to ArboristSite
Has anyone measured the squish when the engine is cold and hot? To set a baseline for tolerance? Everything expands when heated.