372XP muffler pics

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jokers

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Thought I`d share some pics of the muffler I just modified. This first pic is of the un-modified stock opening. Enjoy, and send me any feedback you might have. Russ

Sorry this pic isn`t the best focused!

Hi Russ, looks like a nice clean job you did. Let us know how it gets up and talks. Fire it up in the night and take a picture when you hit the nitrous button. As we get lower on timber in N.A. ( as if that will ever happen) we can all go powertuned and saw er up as fast as we can. I wish I had found powertuned saws a long time ago, but its a long gaunlet to run and I feel fortunate that I have met so many chainsaw fanatics along the way. The list is long and we havent touched the tip of the iceburg yet.
Keep the Big Chips Flyin'
John

Russerized muffler

Hi russ,
Nice pictures, nice job. But you didn't say if it ran any better. Probably not. Ha. Ha.
ken

howdy Russ - nice pics and a very nice job. How about the power? you modified your 345 as well right? - did this 372 mod work out even more power in relation to stock than the small saw?

Hi Tundraotto, yeah I modified the 345 muffler and I was very impressed by the improvement. I can`t say yet which muffler yielded a greater gain, I have only run the 372 at night checking out my nitrous set up. You should see those flames that come out of that baby!:D Got the nearest neighbors attention too, they went out and put wire fences around all their trees this morning because they`ve seen me on the nitrous bottle, now a saw too, it`s too much for them. I won`t be able to get out and try the mods on the 372 for a couple of days. New Years day, a Timber Baron calls me personally to say that he has 100 acres of 4' minimum dbh black walnut, all veneer grade on level ground no less, that needs to come down right away and I can HAVE them. The only catch is that I have to climb and top them all before felling them. I`m off to the Great White North to look into this matter. Russ:jester:

Hi Russ, how ya makin out? Did you get the timber down and out yet? I will be there tomorrow to pick up the logs early because I found out the dude that sold me that timber didnt own it, so get out of there as fast as you can, as in cut and run, before we both end up in the slammer for timber trespass. I still have your 75,000 U.S. though.
Just Ravage and Pilage and Pulp It!

Hey John, I`m glad you told me this. All week long the RCMP have been driving by taking pictures. I was beginning to feel like a celebrity or something. I though maybe they had never seen a climbing logger before and maybe they were going to do a story on me or something. Maybe a piece about my enviro friendly technique of topping all those beauties before the takedown. I think you should consider the 75G a temporary loan or something, since I got home, I don`t even remember being in Canada. :angel: Russ

Hi Russ, your a good man, everything worked out fine, I told the RCMP and the tree huggers that we were making a park and were leaving all the den trees for wildlife and the tops for compost to release new growth. They didnt mind that the trees that we took were dying of the dreaded Dutch Elm disease.
I was just glad that the owner was in Alberta at the time, so we will have to send him the bill for the intensive management that you have done. The locals liked the way you dumped those 4 ft. stems by the way Russ.
The Bull of the Woods

Back