• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold 372xp PHO MMWS

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would say someone is a few hours early.
Unless the saw has a ground up rebuild then there is still a good possibility the strong top end will punch out the big end on the crank. It will usually happen in the first day. A couple tanks is not enough run time. I have experienced, seen and heard it happen many times. A builder can't warrantee what looks to be good and didn't hold up. The saw has a lot of indicatiors of high hours. Good for someone with other 372 for a swap over on a newer bottom end. I'm not trying to offend the OP or buyer, I'm just sharing experience. The saw have its worth no doubt.

Are you competing with Shane for Biggest Douchebag on AS?

Are you competing with Shane for biggest douchebag on AS?
I'll answer your rhetorical question.
But I can't guarantee the outcome.

I asked Shane "why do you do that"? He said "Because it makes me feel good inside" Then he turned the question around.....

You see I have a rare inherited neuropsychiatric disorder condition that is derived from Tourette syndrome. Generally characterized by multiple impulsive verbal outbursts. You see, I'm a mute . These neuro impulses activate my motor senses. Hence the cruel name. Tourette thumbs.

I'll answer your rhetorical question.
But I can't guarantee the outcome.

I asked Shane "why do you do that"? He said "Because it makes me feel good inside" Then he turned the question around.....

You see I have a rare inherited neuropsychiatric disorder condition that is derived from Tourette syndrome. Generally characterized by multiple impulsive verbal outbursts. You see, I'm a mute . These neuro impulses activate my motor senses. Hence the cruel name. Tourette thumbs.

My question wasn't rhetorical. It was direct, and succinct.

Why make a generalized post based off of your opinion, and supposition, in someone else's Sale Thread?

Two of my six kids have Tourette syndrome.

Horse $hit Jon, who you fooling. You asked in a form of a question to make a point and to take a little shot at a couple of people.

Fair is fair, anyone who posts on the internet have always been subject to open opinions/facts as well providing sources seems to be the etiquette. Ok say it is one mans opinion, the 'norm' is to give opinions. Free speech is for nice guys that say nice things? Why can't good guys that care about people say things that challenge?
There is another side of the coin there Jonathan. What confronts one person will always be beneficial to many others.
Possibly they haven't made an opinion of what was said but will look into the matter for the future and further knowledge? IDK but what I say in regards to strong top ends ESPECIALLY with new mains punching out cranks is far from a loose spew and all the mechanical failures were that of the same model of topic. I've been running that chassis for about 2 months short of 20 yrs professionally.I am also fortunate to have a 40 yr best friend which happens to be a very long time certified marine/ small engine Mechanic. He has done more that a handful of free work with parts to satisfy disappointed customers in this case mentioned.
He came to a realization that if the crank passes the "look listen feel" inspection then if it was to fail and "had nothing to do with his ground up work" then the warrantee work would be "50 ft or 50 sec...whichever came first". People slander 'your' name when they spend 7-8 hundred bucks on a saw that grenades in a day. Two people were first time customer's that were Faller friends of mine. One of them didn't even mention it to the builder but was quick to talk about it in a room for of us. I stuck up for my long time friend and told him how it is, " He will guarantee his work but he doesn't reprace the cranks in the original rebuild. The said costumer has the right to be informed and maybe he was...maybe he wasn't? He started using aftermarket Crankshafts for a while.
I think his answer in the end and my answer to you as to why I would comment in someones sale thread are the same. Much like a defence lawyer. "You can not please all of the people all of the time".

My apologies to Shane, I was just joking and planned to rectify that a lot earlier.

I would say someone is a few hours early.
Unless the saw has a ground up rebuild then there is still a good possibility the strong top end will punch out the big end on the crank. It will usually happen in the first day. A couple tanks is not enough run time. I have experienced, seen and heard it happen many times. A builder can't warrantee what looks to be good and didn't hold up. The saw has a lot of indicatiors of high hours. Good for someone with other 372 for a swap over on a newer bottom end. I'm not trying to offend the OP or buyer, I'm just sharing experience. The saw have its worth no doubt.

I have purchased saws from Sam so I feel qualified to say that his word is golden. His saws are always exactly as described and usually even better. He discloses everything and is the kind of guy that would say "if you don't like it when you get it, just send it back in the same condition that you recieved it in". Manufacturers warranty's are usually 1 year "limited". If you are buying a "Pro" saw under a business name or using the saw professionally, then there is usually no warranty at all. It has been my experience that top builders like Randy and Terry etc. will usually warranty their work until someone closes their coffin lid. Money can't buy that kind of customer service or reputations.

Congrats on your sale my friend. :drinking:

Thanks Jonathan and Scott for your words. This saw hasn't actually been sold, I just marked it as such to back out from this horseplay. I don't need to sell it. It is an awesome saw that I am more than happy to continue to own. I will honor the purposed sale to the two who have chosen the preferred route of communicating interest in the sale, @jsk and @SCTREEGUY. To Westboastfaller I'm not sure what your motives are to troll on my post. Being a professional tree faller doesn't make you a professional chainsaw repair man. Whether it is saws I have gone through or saws I have others go through I do not put up saws for sale that I wouldn't run myself day in and day out.

Thanks Jonathan and Scott for your words. This saw hasn't actually been sold, I just marked it as such to back out from this horseplay. I don't need to sell it. It is an awesome saw that I am more than happy to continue to own. I will honor the purposed sale to the two who have chosen the preferred route of communicating interest in the sale, @jsk and @SCTREEGUY. To Westboastfaller I'm not sure what your motives are to troll on my post. Being a professional tree faller doesn't make you a professional chainsaw repair man. Whether it is saws I have gone through or saws I have others go through I do not put up saws for sale that I wouldn't run myself day in and day out.

Sam,

I meant to ask you about this yesterday, and forgot. I know we had discussed this a few days ago.

I thought I had it bad when the guy told me in my Poulan Pro Sale thread that K041 bars were unavailable.........good grief! Some people......

Horse $hit Jon, who you fooling. You asked in a form of a question to make a point and to take a little shot at a couple of people.

Fair is fair, anyone who posts on the internet have always been subject to open opinions/facts as well providing sources seems to be the etiquette. Ok say it is one mans opinion, the 'norm' is to give opinions. Free speech is for nice guys that say nice things? Why can't good guys that care about people say things that challenge?
There is another side of the coin there Jonathan. What confronts one person will always be beneficial to many others.
Possibly they haven't made an opinion of what was said but will look into the matter for the future and further knowledge? IDK but what I say in regards to strong top ends ESPECIALLY with new mains punching out cranks is far from a loose spew and all the mechanical failures were that of the same model of topic. I've been running that chassis for about 2 months short of 20 yrs professionally.I am also fortunate to have a 40 yr best friend which happens to be a very long time certified marine/ small engine Mechanic. He has done more that a handful of free work with parts to satisfy disappointed customers in this case mentioned.
He came to a realization that if the crank passes the "look listen feel" inspection then if it was to fail and "had nothing to do with his ground up work" then the warrantee work would be "50 ft or 50 sec...whichever came first". People slander 'your' name when they spend 7-8 hundred bucks on a saw that grenades in a day. Two people were first time customer's that were Faller friends of mine. One of them didn't even mention it to the builder but was quick to talk about it in a room for of us. I stuck up for my long time friend and told him how it is, " He will guarantee his work but he doesn't reprace the cranks in the original rebuild. The said costumer has the right to be informed and maybe he was...maybe he wasn't? He started using aftermarket Crankshafts for a while.
I think his answer in the end and my answer to you as to why I would comment in someones sale thread are the same. Much like a defence lawyer. "You can not please all of the people all of the time".

My apologies to Shane, I was just joking and planned to rectify that a lot earlier.

Believe what you choose, it makes no nevermind to me. You just continue on being a big bag of dicks, and taking a big smelly self important dump in other folks Sale Threads, then play your Non Mea Culpa[not my fault], I'm just trying to offer information bull ****.
I have friends that are Doctors, Lawyers, Investment Bankers, etc. I don't go around spewing advice on those topics, that's there job. Stick with what you know, dropping timber, and being a douche.

Sam.

I am sorry someone derailed your post. Personally I see nothing major wrong with what you have listed for flaws. And I am sure everyone appreciates the honesty. I have a few saws of my own that have longer top cover screws. And the surprising thing is the one that has the lowest hours is the one that has the worst threads! So I cannot say that is a good measure of use. The broken felling dog screw is a all to common thing, and I really like how you fixed it up. I might have to use that one day!

You are a upfront and stand up guy. Hopefully everyone that matters knows this.

Good luck with the sale, or keep it in the fleet and let the chips fly!

Steven.

Believe what you choose, it makes no nevermind to me. You just continue on being a big bag of dicks, and taking a big smelly self important dump in other folks Sale Threads, then play your Non Mea Culpa[not my fault], I'm just trying to offer information bull ****.
I have friends that are Doctors, Lawyers, Investment Bankers, etc. I don't go around spewing advice on those topics, that's there job. Stick with what you know, dropping timber, and being a douche.

Jon, I'm so glad that you are my friend and not my enemy- Lol! You crazy pile of monkey nuts...

Two of my six kids have Tourette syndrome.

^^^The Apple doesn't fall far from the tree

I thought I had it bad when the guy told me in my Poulan Pro Sale thread that K041 bars were unavailable.........good grief! Some people......

I don't play around with Fisher Price.
Are ya high. I looked on your Fisher Price thread to see who you were really thinking about? I did see you telling a 66 year old man he may want to have his eyes checked among other thing. Take your own advice or quit lying. Show use the link liar. That's all you have ever shown me. I said you were hard to read when you apologized way of PM a few months back. I gave you the benifit of the doubt. You showed your colours right away when I removed my post but you left your banner fly despite apologizing for it. Seemed sincere to me liar.
Glad you came back now you have an audience. That's your style. You're so transparent. Cowards thrive on pack mentally, that's who you are. I have left a thread after being sick of watching you and your cronie's pack mentality single out a guy. Bad guy ringleader you are. Moreover; you are nothing but a two bit PUNK that would be past around in a card game. I'd like to knock you teeth out and make you pick 'em up. You need to get a grip on who you are not.

What's your 'claim to fame' in the saw world besides playing with 'Fisher Price'?.
Really! Don't crack off or dare step to me.
I was rebuilding small block Chevy's , 31 yrs ago. First one was a front Mount V8 Vega that I built ground up including making the front mount in Metalwork. (2) '68 327 Chevelle's, 67 Chevelle. All about four years before I started making my living with a saw. When it comes to a few of the three series saws, I am a little more well rounded IN AREAS (outer clearences/vibration, trouble shooting) than most any Mechanic. Foolish to think after at least 24,000 handle bar hours on the 371/372xp I wouldn't have it mastered. It's a lot more challanging to keep a chain in big wood cutting straight day in day out and problem solving life threatening situations all day than trouble shooting the saw. Cake walk baby.
I have fixed... I'd bet 30 saws for people for free that came back from a saw shop and had the same problem. Cuz that's what D'bags like me do. Haha

It's all nuts and bolts.
You're NUTS! and I got BIG B0LTS.

You can tell a BC Coast Faller...
but you can't tell him much Mother F*er

I get it, you're the Internet tuff girl ...AAAAAhhhaaaaaaaahaaha

I think the main thing here is Jon is a cull who hardly cuts wood. He needs to stick with what he's good at and that's eating his bag of dicks. I realize this is a for sale thread but since the unemployed useless cull mentioned me for no reason other to be what he says he's not I'll reply. There was a time not that long ago where there were a bunch of goons ******** about the way this site is ran. Jon IMO is the last one left of those.goons. A lot of times when putting a fresh top end on a old bottom **** happens, no cull burning 4 tanks a year will know what WBF is talking about. It almost seems like Jon is trying to be some kinda trading post moderator with absolutely no power. He really doesn't know **** all about saws. all he knows is to read the labelling on guide bars and recognize some model saws. Jamie likely burns close to 10L a day of fuel through one saw. I would think no one would know more about how long saws last. Jon, is it true that you got on trimming Pubic hairs at the local
Flying J? That's your medicine, not mine.

Sam,

I meant to ask you about this yesterday, and forgot. I know we had discussed this a few days ago.

I still don't know what a ko41 means but I trust oregon computer system with 5 online warehouses more then your mouth

Back