372XP Vibration?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MJM268

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Was cutting a 30in white ash today and all of a sudden in the cut my 372 started to vibrate bad. Took it out of the log and hit the throttle, still terrible vibration. Got home and checked it over and cleaned it up. Found this green part stuck by the handle? Did a quick test run and it didn't vibrate. Do I have a tank vent that let go and a bad bearing? Thanks Mike 20200301_131607.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I’m not familiar with that part, but someone else will be.
Check all of your springs, the saw engine should not be touching the gas tank handle assembly. Sometimes the springs snap or get bent, so check em out

It snapped into tank vent and vent tube attaches to nipple and goes through carb plate attached to open plate nipple.

It snapped into tank vent and vent tube attaches to nipple and goes through carb plate attached to open plate nipple.
Lol that sounds complicated. I never had an issue with this saw before today, it's been rock solid. Luckily had a 572 to finish the tree. White ash is one of my favorite woods to burn.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

If that was wedged between case and fuel tank, that was what caused vibration. Remove rear av bolt and limiter bolt on clutch side, two bottom top handle bolts. That should allow you enough room to replace or change to vent hole white round filter.

This worked, put the little green nipple back in the tank and connected the hose line to it. Used a little silicon glue on the green piece so hopefully it stays in this time. Thanks for the help, this is way easier than a bearing failure. Mike

Latest posts

Back