372XPG Questions

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MJM268

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Was in the heart of logging country today in northern WI and decided to check out a pawn shop who sells lots of used pro saws. They had a 372XPG (2012 xtorq) for sale and I negotiated it down to $400 with new 24in bar and chain. I thought it was a great deal, then asked to run it. Of course no logs around to cut so I just started it in the parking lot. It pulled over super easy (decomp never touched and in out position) but it did start. Had a nasty loop at idle. Also ran it for a while and the handles never heated up. I decided to not take it. Did I screw up a decent deal or avoid a nitemare? How long does it take the xpg handles to heat up? thanks Mike

They heat up pretty quickly. Sounds like you dodged a bullet.
Thanks for letting me know. Was thinking the whole way home I should have grabbed it. Was kind of looking for a winter project but that saw was rough. I also noticed a dent in the muffler and some other cracked parts, that's when I walked.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I've got projects. Nothing that big but close. PM me with what you're looking for.
If the saw would have been a regular non xtorq I would have took it home. That's really what I am looking for. The 70cc saw market here has tons of demand. Every XP I have sold is gone in less than 2 days.

If the saw would have been a regular non xtorq I would have took it home. That's really what I am looking for. The 70cc saw market here has tons of demand. Every XP I have sold is gone in less than 2 days.

I might know someone who has a rebuilt 372oe, new OEM p/c, new skf bearings, new seals, fuel/impulse lines etc. Are you in Wisconsin?

I might know someone who has a rebuilt 372oe, new OEM p/c, new skf bearings, new seals, fuel/impulse lines etc. Are you in Wisconsin?
Yes I live in the Fox valley area but frequently work in the north woods

Was in the heart of logging country today in northern WI and decided to check out a pawn shop who sells lots of used pro saws. They had a 372XPG (2012 xtorq) for sale and I negotiated it down to $400 with new 24in bar and chain. I thought it was a great deal, then asked to run it. Of course no logs around to cut so I just started it in the parking lot. It pulled over super easy (decomp never touched and in out position) but it did start. Had a nasty loop at idle. Also ran it for a while and the handles never heated up. I decided to not take it. Did I screw up a decent deal or avoid a nitemare? How long does it take the xpg handles to heat up? thanks Mike
oe on left, xt on right and will finish both today or tomorrow or sometime soon. IMG_8757.JPG IMG_8758.JPG

Back