• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold 385 Husqvarna project saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rupedoggy

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Some loggers take care of their equipment and some don't. This saw was rode hard and put away wet as they say. I got it so filthy that I could not see much. It has gone from filthy to just dirty. As I cleaned I found more and more wrong. The starter is broken, the clutch cover is cracked, The handle has a couple bumps and the fuel tank is broken near the trigger. Worst of all it has a funny clunking squeaking noise, from the crankcase, when the saw is pulled over. There may be more things. This is a project that requires a complete tear down.
On the plus side it is all Husqvarna and it is a 385. When you are finished you may have a $500 saw, Depending on your workmanship. The piston and cylinder look usable,the chain brake works and the muffler is OK. It is a full wrap, the case looks in tact. If you have some parts that this saw needs it may be a cost effective project I will help pay some of the shipping but it will be steep because this saw is heavy. $280
385 001.jpg 385 002.jpg 385 003.jpg 385 004.jpg 385 005.jpg 385 006.jpg 385 007.jpg 385 008.jpg
I will drop the price $5 each day until sold or I decide to keep it. Mike

Back