• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold 385 XP Husky $Drop

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Am realtively new to this forum, but I keep seeing "PHO" in the for sale posts... what's that mean?

The 385 Xp is a power house in its own right. I have one pulling a 32” bar no problem. The 395 is a tad bigger but the 385 will hold its own. The price for this 85 cc saw is very affordable. I was burying the whole bar and had to cut from both sides the trunks were so big at the saw mill. They were calling us the axe men of the northeast.

How does this compare to a new 395xp for power?
32" bars and under the 385 wins hands down, it's smaller and and lighter, 36" and above goes to the 395 no contest. The 395 is WAY more saw than a 385. I can tell you that as my 395 is a lot more saw than my 390xp.

the 2100 packs more punch than a stock 395. But let’s not forget the weight factor as we go bigger. The 385 Xp is in the middle of the nitch.

Anywhere near Colville, or Omak?, I may be helping another acct, out of Wenatchee, later this month, not sure which centers I will be delivering to, but Colville and Omak are pretty likely among them, Possibly CDA, over in ID, too.

Doug :cheers:

385 is the 390’s little brother. With porting it will run a 32” full skip in fresh hardwood with ease. And it will oil a 32” no problem..

Light enough to lug around the woods and big enough for big wood.

I like the 385 for the face that it shares a lot of the same parts with the 390. So parts will be easy to find for a long time. And i feal the 385 may have a bit better chance if lasting longer “on paper” compared to the 390. A few less cc’s but uses the same crank bearings i think.

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]

Am realtively new to this forum, but I keep seeing "PHO" in the for sale posts... what's that mean?

A couple of reasons for selling a saw PHO, is in this class of saw, it typically runs a 32" or larger B&C, which can add a Hella lot to the shipping charges, sometimes as much or more than a used B&C are worth. Also in this class of saw, the uses vary widely, West Coast cutters are often in Larger Diameter Softwoods, where as East Coast Cutters see more Hardwoods that are typically Smaller in Diameter, but need more HP for the same size of Hardwoods. Then you have the guys in the "Fly Over" states, that can have a real variety of their own. A 385 would be getting into CSM (Chain Saw Milling) territory as well, so matching the bar to the buyers use, isn't as likely as with say, a 550XP, where an 18" B&C would ship easier, and fit more buyers needs.

I'm surprised this saw is still here. If I had the cash I'd jump on it!

Don't know if I will find the money, before then or not, I will be working in his area the end of Oct(accidentally said the end of this month earlier) so if the budget, location and timing work out, I may be taking a look at it.

Having a 390XP already, and a 395XP in transit, a 385XP may not be the best fit in my collection, but it has been suggested, that I MAY have a "Developing Case" of CAD:surprised3:, I Know, Hard to believe, but it has been "Suggested";):) Blasphemy and hersey , I tell ya:rolleyes:

Sounds like a Great deal on a Great saw for someone:happybanana:

Back