• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold 385xp - ported - $675 shipped

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cgraham1

I feel old
Reaction score
I got this saw in a trade and have ran a few tanks through it. I just have too many big saws... It was ported by Joe Stanley (Elect6845).

Avcording to Joe "...it probably got the cylinder cut .030 and a pop up piston (that's the old way I used to do them). Transfers probably got moved to 120 and intake exhaust moved & polished up. A lot of the 385's I did just got a decent woods port, nothing too extreme."
(Upon inspection, it does have a popup piston.)

This saw runs good, starts easy, and as far as I can tell everything works. It's not a shelf queen, but it's in decent shape overall.

$700 shipped. PHO. PayPal, prefer F&F for obvious reasons. Thanks.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
image.jpg

Is that the Echo 590 I see it resting on? Those 590's are much bigger than I thought.
Ya, but it still only makes 2 hp.
Ummmmm......I'm pretty sure you of all people know banter when you see it.
Also.........that saw is a perfect acquisition for any PSP out there. Pre-polished!
Serious note, that's great looking 385!

Is that the Echo 590 I see it resting on? Those 590's are much bigger than I thought.
Good guess. :laugh:
Ya, but it still only makes 2 hp.
Ummmmm......I'm pretty sure you of all people know banter when you see it.
Also.........that saw is a perfect acquisition for any PSP out there. Pre-polished!
Serious note, that's great looking 385!
Cummins, 95 hp! :rock:
image.jpg

If you took that 385 and put it in a cement mixer full of small rocks for a day, then knocked the front bar stud into the oil tank, it would be pretty much like my 385

If he took that 385, and took it all apart, detailed every fastener, had it all powder coated, every decal lacquered over, put a shiny Japanese bar on it, and only placed it on a crushed velour pillow while wearing crown royal bags as mittens, it would resemble many of the saws owned by the PSP's here on AS.

I keep telling myself I only need a 70 cc saw. I may be back.

This is a whole lot of saw for $700 shipped. Id say it'd take Clint 75-100 to ship it back east. I know when I sent him the 2188 he bought from me, it was right at $87 to get it to him. Take that off the $700 and he is practically giving the saw away.:cool:

Back