• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold 385xp - ported - $675 shipped

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FedEx insured would be half that.
That may be, but you also have to take into account distances. TN to Northwest CA is pretty freakin' far.
Case and point, I shipped a 266 to Northern California, and it was only $24. I shipped another 266 to ME, and it cost me $43. Both via FedEx Ground.

Just don't ship anything from a UPS store. They tack on 100% surcharge to the UPS rate.
I ship all the time from Ups. They're usually under $40 for most of the country. We do get a 10% discount with them but they don't tack on any extra. One of the ups drop shipping places will add $20 to it regardless.

I ship all the time from Ups. They're usually under $40 for most of the country. We do get a 10% discount with them but they don't tack on any extra. One of the ups drop shipping places will add $20 to it regardless.
Ups counters are fine. It's the independent shops that subcontract with Ups that rake you. The ones that offer printing and mailboxes etc.

I usually use the Post Office, because there is no UPS or FedEx in our town... and it's usually between $35-50 to ship a powerhead, with insurance. I shipped a McCulloch 797 (with extra parts) to Randy Evans and it was close to $100.

That may be, but you also have to take into account distances. TN to Northwest CA is pretty freakin' far.
Case and point, I shipped a 266 to Northern California, and it was only $24. I shipped another 266 to ME, and it cost me $43. Both via FedEx Ground.
I usually use the Post Office, because there is no UPS or FedEx in our town... and it's usually between $35-50 to ship a powerhead, with insurance. I shipped a McCulloch 797 (with extra parts) to Randy Evans and it was close to $100.

Thank you for proving my earlier point, Clint.

that must be why it was so expensive for me to use UPS to ship the 2188 to you. I was leary of using USPS bc of all the horror stories with lost/stolen freight.

Back