390XP opinions

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here she is in all her glory, pug for scale. Asked for a larger bar, and my dealer only asked for 10 bucks more on a 32", so I went with that. Feels nice and light even with fuel and b&c. What kind of RPMs should I set it up for? Should I ever want it ported, who does a good job? Thanks!IMG_20170310_092929944.jpg IMG_20170310_092818122_HDR.jpg IMG_20170310_092918170_HDR.jpg

Nice looking saw. I would recommend a 24" bar to go along with the 32". Tell us how light it is after lugging it around all day ;)

Be careful with it...big displacement saws are no joke!

390 is probably one of the easiest to port. tightened squish, add a bit of intake duration by trimming intake skirt, and a muffler mod makes them com alive without any porting even. i like an unlimited coil as well but not necessary. port the cylinder yields even more gains if you know what your doing. the first 4 things anyone can do though. or you can count your clams and send it to a builder with a lathe.

I really like my 2188 with a Stihl ES lite bar. Almost makes it feel like a 70cc saw.
I bought the bar at Hardinburg General Store. The owner said he would knock $20 of the price and I didn't even ask. I did ask if that was a sympathy discount. He just laughed.

I retract my earlier statement about it being light... :)
Great saw though, cut down some bigger honey locusts today and it made bucking and cutting down stumps a breeze. Makes a great tag team with my 62cc saw, big boy fells, little guy limbs.

Attachments

• IMG_20170314_171002625.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 18
I retract my earlier statement about it being light... :)
Great saw though, cut down some bigger honey locusts today and it made bucking and cutting down stumps a breeze. Makes a great tag team with my 62cc saw, big boy fells, little guy limbs.
Same here i really like the 390s but always go with something a bit lighter to limb with congrats on a new saw.

@awol or Scott Kuhn

Scott Kunz......aka Treemonkey over in Augusta, WI. He did my 390XP and 346XP 4 years ago or so and they both are beasts. Not to mention the guy is a class act! He's not much for communicating via online and therefore he can be very short communicating online with him, but he will talk your ear off on the phone :)

Latest posts

Back