• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold 394xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MillwrightChris

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
394xp. I recently purchased this saw from Roger Collins, I believe it to be all original. It has no known defects, damage or issues. Runs and functions as it should and appears to have seen very little use (less than 10 hours according to roger). Decal on recoil is torn, I have a replacement that will come with the saw but it's for a 395xp. Have new 24" and 32" bars available.
Only looking for a Stihl 066 or MS660 in pristine original condition.

20141214_082835_resized_2.jpg 20141214_082841_resized_2.jpg 20141214_082908_resized_2.jpg 20141214_082921_resized_2.jpg 20141214_083120_resized_2.jpg 20141220_132732_resized_1.jpg 20150104_122926_resized.jpg

Hey Chris I have a 044 that has the 12mm piston pin I'm in the process of complete rebuild new bearings seals piston and rings good looking plastic and paint in good shape 20" bar no compression release what do you think?

I hate to sound like a saw snob and I'm not knocking anyone's work. But I'm not interested in anything that is not 100% factory original and never been apart. Seen and purchased too many other peoples "mistakes".
But thanks for the offer.

MillwrightChris's name might mean he wants a saw for milling. It is a well known fact that 394's don't have the torque or oiler for milling

I always thought of a "Millwright" as a guy who can build what he designs, and do so in the most efficient manner possible.

All Engineers drive trains though.

I always thought of a "Millwright" as a guy who can build what he designs, and do so in the most efficient manner possible.

All Engineers drive trains though.
Correct.
Millwrights install and repair all types of industrial equipment in factories, manufacturing plants and power generation.

They are good a breaking it too. They have the best hammers.
Nice saw too.
Not everyone is what they claim to be.
It's a dying art, that's for sure. I had a keen interest in machinery, a good mechanical aptitude, and an eagerness to learn. I was very fortunate early on in my career to have some very knowledgeable "old timers" some with 60+ years in the trade, take me under their wings and show me the ropes. These were the guys that the engineers consulted with if the had any hopes of their project actually working correctly. I'd say out of the 600 plus tradesman I've worked with over the years only a very small percentage earned the tile of millwright.
Today a few of the best journeymen out there served as my apprentices.

Not everyone is what they claim to be.
It's a dying art, that's for sure. I had a keen interest in machinery, a good mechanical aptitude, and an eagerness to learn. I was very fortunate early on in my career to have some very knowledgeable "old timers" some with 60+ years in the trade, take me under their wings and show me the ropes. These were the guys that the engineers consulted with if the had any hopes of their project actually working correctly. I'd say out of the 600 plus tradesman I've worked with over the years only a very small percentage earned the tile of millwright.
Today a few of the best journeymen out there served as my apprentices.
I've worked with millwrights on draw bridges, after we install the motors, reducers and the brakes, they get them all perfect.

Back