4-6ft Log Pile - $50 - Pics

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cambium

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Remember the delivery I had for $50, 3 cords of 4-6ft logs?

Well I went to the playground of the guy who owns the business and I was like a kid in a candy store.

IMG00402.jpg

IMG00401.jpg

Whats sad is that he might have to move and find another piece of land because the city uses well water nearby and they are complaining that the oils from cutting the wood are seeping through the ground into our drinking water. I wonder if that means a higher delivery price now. :(

Processing operations use a lot of bar oil and all the wood is usually cut in one area. We go through at least gallon a day in processor and only use canola oil. I get five gallon pails for 17.99. Works as well as regular oil. Only problem is that is freezes at -12 C . Only a matter of time before biodegradable bar oil is more common and much cheaper.

I tried canola in my chainsaws but in tends to plug lines in left in tank.

Seems like it would be much cheaper to just switch to bio oil rather than pick up his entire operation and move, unless of course, the city is just using that as an excuse to get rid of him rather than it being a genuine concern. If they just want him gone, they will come up with another excuse.... noise, air pollution, protected polka dot flying frogs...

Ian

Good points guys... Not sure if the issue is because we're in CT and the operation is within feet of a river that flows through town.

Anyway - just wanted to share my trip there yesterday. :)

officials

suck
they tried to close down a mulch operation that had been there 20 plus years "cause the neighbors said it smelled" his operation borders the county dump!
heck what started the feud was the county took 250 acres from him 20 years ago gave him a quarter mill. he took em to court and the judge ruled 3.5 mill plus all costs. at that point the county reversed course tried to say they didn't want his land.(after clearing it of trees). back to court judge says"what part of pay the man 3.5 mill did you not understand?!" with more costs. the guys a great guy just an ol hill billy who won't be pushed around and has the cash/lawyers to back it up.

Last edited:
Great looking pile of wood. Reps for the pics.

On a side note, I firmly believe there are people in this world that live to make others miserable. Oil came from the ground, it is made in the ground (no dinosaur involved), and it can safely return to the ground. I am certainly not advocating an Exxon Valdeze type of operation, but a concious commercial operation should be able to operate without Big Brother being involved.

Great looking pile of wood. Reps for the pics.

On a side note, I firmly believe there are people in this world that live to make others miserable. Oil came from the ground, it is made in the ground (no dinosaur involved), and it can safely return to the ground. I am certainly not advocating an Exxon Valdeze type of operation, but a concious commercial operation should be able to operate without Big Brother being involved.

that old boy set em up

when they started trying to buy his land it was just sitting. he planted a bunch of those lil pine seedlings to start his tree farm they were a couple years old before they did the eminent domain thing on him thats what jacked the price up when they cleared the land. hes got t shirts and hats saying ?pwc government hates parsons farms with a picture of lady justice peeking under the blindfold

when they started trying to buy his land it was just sitting. he planted a bunch of those lil pine seedlings to start his tree farm they were a couple years old before they did the eminent domain thing on him thats what jacked the price up when they cleared the land. hes got t shirts and hats saying ?pwc government hates parsons farms with a picture of lady justice peeking under the blindfold

I am glad he was able to stick it to them. This imminent domain stuff screws over many people. It seems the states are getting greedy and trying to take what we have. Very little real liberty left in this country.

Whats sad is that he might have to move and find another piece of land because the city uses well water nearby and they are complaining that the oils from cutting the wood are seeping through the ground into our drinking water. I wonder if that means a higher delivery price now. :(

What area of CT is this located? I would love to get hold of some good wood

Good points guys... Not sure if the issue is because we're in CT and the operation is within feet of a river that flows through town.

Anyway - just wanted to share my trip there yesterday. :)

If this operation is truly that close to a river, I have a hard time believing that:
1) groundwater from this site does not flow toward the river;
2) the constituents of concern can be traced to this site; and
3) Impacts from the river are less than impacts from this site.

I'd love to see the report the conslutant hydrostitute wrote to make the claim. It is possible, of course, but it would take just the right setting with sufficient characterization to support the claim.

As others said, a shift to bio oil would do the trick.

It's Connecticut.

Doesn't really matter if he moves the operation a mile down the road, within most of our lifetimes the liberals will ban wood burning altogether here.

Not much you can do about that infestation of cockroaches unless the voters wake up from their decades long apathy. Even then you're dealing with folks who give city-issued ID cards to illegal aliens (that was introduced by their last candidate for Governor...the guy who'll probably get the nomination this time is to that fellows left.)

The current OWB bill is SB 126:
"To add wood smoke to the public health nuisance list and to ban outdoor wood-burning furnaces."

Don't even worry about the second part of that sentence. Comprehend what they're doing with the first part of the bill name and think back to 1979 and cigarettes.

Back