4 banger Toyota pickup as a wood hauler? (Show me your Toyota hauling!)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is my tundra, no load on it. 234,000 miles. I have to take it in for another inspection, they are extending the recall/warranty for the rusted frames on some years. I had it in once already, they replaced the spare tire straps and the gas tank straps. All free. I do load it down on occasion though. Just discovered I have one broken leaf spring. It was hanging out the side and banging into stuff as I drove down the road. Also starting to get a modulating vibration/hum when driving. May be a bearing or something in the rear end. maybe just a bad tire. :msp_wink: I keep telling myself that anyway.

Mine has the same thing not cheap to rebuild and not many around! That was around 12,000 ago.

Man, you guys are making me itch for another Toy. I often miss my old 86 4X4, especially when there's three drops of water on the ground and I want to leave pavement in my 2wd diesel.

here ya go

attachment.php

attachment.php

until now, I was cutting everything with my 18" B/C'd 450 and dad's 51 with 16" B/C. Now I can tackle even bigger stuff with the addition of my new (to me) Stihl MS650

Walnut tree from over the weekend

404635_500006943357316_1484368686_n.jpg

+1
I'm still having a hard time believing that first pic. :msp_huh:

Nope!! Pictures are real.

He can evaluate saws very accurately.

Befor he got the Stihl 650 I had him evaluate an 026 Brad had ported for me.

On his first running of a ported saw:

Holy Krap!!!! This thing $hits wood!!

Very truthful lad.

Hey Rob!!

4 banger in it still ? Cool Toyota!

yeah mate and just changed it over the old one done 517,450KM or about 323,400ML
and thats a tiny 2.4 liter diesel 5 speed box and i would not put any other donk in her
there is nothing like a deisel for putting around the scrub

cheers D

guessing none of these guys lost anyone in the pacific in wwii, maybe my pride runs deeper than most

The New Taco wood hauler
woodtruck1.jpg

Improvised sides...on big trailer
IMG-20120518-00060.jpg

The Old Taco wood hauler with l'il trailer scoring campfire slabwood

Nov2010020.jpg

I love my Tacos
and Huskies:dog:

Last edited:
Back