4 hours of splitting!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Squintacular

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I had one person helping, he was feeding rounds to push through my TW-6. Both trailers have 27 inch sides. One is 16 feet long and the other is 20 feet long. For anyone else who has a TW-6 do you get pretty good results in the quantity department.

31ea02715da48e758a8d83c928e26b3a.jpg

93a053ee6e8192d4edcf90350f6aa627.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

[emoji106][emoji106], that deserves 2 thumbs up! Lotta work, I know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You guys are giving me an inferiority complex. The best I can do by myself is one cord in two hours, split and stacked. And, that assumes that the wood splits rather easily and no round is larger than 16" dia. Throw in some crotch and add another hour. Stacking the splits is half the time. If I throw the splits in a huge random pile, I might produce a cord in 60 to 90 minutes. Two guys working might reduce it another half hour, but that does not double the output rate.

You guys are giving me an inferiority complex. The best I can do by myself is one cord in two hours, split and stacked. And, that assumes that the wood splits rather easily and no round is larger than 16" dia. Throw in some crotch and add another hour. Stacking the splits is half the time. If I throw the splits in a huge random pile, I might produce a cord in 60 to 90 minutes. Two guys working might reduce it another half hour, but that does not double the output rate.
Yep. 2 hours is what it takes me. 11 second cycle time on my splitter. Cycle time is fine. It's like Wood Doctor said. The stacking is what kills me. I hate stacking by the way:mad:.:givebeer:

Yep. 2 hours is what it takes me. 11 second cycle time on my splitter. Cycle time is fine. It's like Wood Doctor said. The stacking is what kills me. I hate stacking by the way:mad:.:givebeer:
Two men working and with two wheelbarrows is about optimal. That way one man loads and operates the splitter, splits, and dumps the splits into one wheelbarrow for the other man to wheel away and stack. While he stacks, the guy doing the splitting loads up the other wheelbarrow. I can usually get about 30 splits into a wheelbarrow.

Two men working and with two wheelbarrows is about optimal. That way one man loads and operates the splitter, splits, and dumps the splits into one wheelbarrow for the other man to wheel away and stack. While he stacks, the guy doing the splitting loads up the other wheelbarrow. I can usually get about 30 splits into a wheelbarrow.
Luckily Im able to split where Im going to stack 90 percent of the time. I have my 18 year old son operate the control while I load and rotate wood for the next split.That way I can get by with short cycling the splitter. And saving time. Then we both stack after getting a lot of splits. Seems to work better for me that way. I know it may be dangerous for someone else to operate the controls. But we have been doing it together a while and have never had an accident. I would trust him with my life. :givebeer:

Luckily Im able to split where Im going to stack 90 percent of the time. I have my 18 year old son operate the control while I load and rotate wood for the next split.That way I can get by with short cycling the splitter. And saving time. Then we both stack after getting a lot of splits. Seems to work better for me that way. I know it may be dangerous for someone else to operate the controls. But we have been doing it together a while and have never had an accident. I would trust him with my life. :givebeer:
Well, the thing is, my splitter is stationary and 25' away for the two piles that I build. So, the splits have to be carried in the wheelbarrow. It takes me about the same length of time to split and fill a wheelbarrow as it does to transport a full wheelbarrow and stack what it contains.

Hi Chuck. i saw Mr. Timberwolf's ad in lancaster farming. i presumed it was him. Marysville.
Hi Steve,
Yep, that's gotta be him..
His franchise/dealership covers a BIG area, including parts of Virginia and New Jersey.......If I'm remembering correctly ???
I doubt there's anyone else more knowledgable when it comes to Timbewolf Splitters, Processors, Conveyors, ect...

Back