4 months of hand splittin fun

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blue924.9

flannel wearin sumbitch
Reaction score
well after four months of swinging that 6 pound maul and the 8 pound sledge at the rounds, or the wedge depending on the process i have noticed 2 things, 1 i am ready to step up to a heavier maul and sledge,

and most importantly the second one.....

boys in the high school that are 20 or 40 pounds heavier ( im only 140) sure do get pissed when they talk **** about the "cough cough little guy) only to get spanked in a bench press contest or get spanked even worse in a military or shoulder press contest. man they get madder than the devil iced over when everyone is watching INCLUDING the coaches for basically every sport lol. of course it only gets worse when the "Little guy" gets to talk as much smack to them as he wants and they cant say anything.

Morale of the story, splitting wood is a great way to build shoulder and core strength and support, results in gains in the weight room and is a great way to stay in shape in general and a good way to get ready for football action. its amazing how people treat you different when they know the little guy makes their stuff look weak, yup been enjoying myself at their expense ALOT lately:chop:

When my stepson was in school he weighed 120 lbs so he was also the little guy. Although he disliked doing wood, it gave him a set of pipes and 6 pack abs most guys would kill for.

yeah, and could probably lift the fullback,and carry him across the field...........
No way, Have you seen how fat and lazy some of those ball players have become. Good to hear of someone that actually knows how to work for a change, instead of laying around playing video games.

God bless you son ... But personally I'd rather be weak flabby and use a gas powered log splitter and do it in a third the time all without beating myself up .however that wasn't always the case for me when I started out . Nothing wrong with a good old fashioned workout

Well done blue. I feel the same way about hand splitting and I am 67 years young. Don't get in my way when hand/arm/upper body strength is a critical parameter. You will regret it unless you also split by hand.

Ya between splitting and weightlifting I'm seeing some gains. Our ffa advisor who is a coach says if I do anymore the veins in my arms will blow out of my skin

Also work as a agricultural tech working on tractors for John deere. Put a 12 hour day in today, very labor intensive job keeps me in shape as well

Congratulations. You have learned how to work and to not be afraid of it. As a bi-product you have something money can't buy.

I am a little older than you, but speaking from experience, your willingness to work will pave your way in this world. Apparently the majority of people born after about 1980 don't care for manual labor. I have been very successful as a younger person by just showing up ready to work hard. Good luck to you young man.

Good for you. You have figured out what most people your age never will, until its too late. Make it a habit not to get lazy and put the appropriate amount of good food in your body and you will be glad you did for the rest of your life.

Back