4 poplars

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Load your gear up and pick me up on the way through, MDS! What you got going on up there? Need a climber for a few days? My ass gets sore sitting in this chair. lol

I've got some work. As I mentioned just been tying to do a few on the weekends at this point...only problem is it rains most every sat. lately. Waiting to hear on a good sized job @ 5100, I could make some scratch there. One pita at the moment is this big azzed silver maple I've got to deadwood and cable (my most hated aspect of this job... cabling that is). that one has to be done during the week. you any good at cabling blakes?? lol.

Seriously though, let me think about it. I appriciate the offer, I'll see what happens and maybe get back to you. depends if that bigger one comes through.

It's really cool to see everybody working together to help each other in this employment forum.

I've got some work. As I mentioned just been tying to do a few on the weekends at this point...only problem is it rains most every sat. lately. Waiting to hear on a good sized job @ 5100, I could make some scratch there. One pita at the moment is this big azzed silver maple I've got to deadwood and cable (my most hated aspect of this job... cabling that is). that one has to be done during the week. you any good at cabling blakes?? lol.

Seriously though, let me think about it. I appriciate the offer, I'll see what happens and maybe get back to you. depends if that bigger one comes through.

Never done much cabling, MDS, just on small trees but I'd be down to help ya and learn a few things. You doing a cobra, EHS or what? Tell you what, if you can schedule a day or two of production #### that I can crank out and make some dough I'd be more than happy to help you pro bono on your cabling for the learning experience alone.

I'm pretty darn near certain that I can get jobs down here with pretty good regularity. TMD gets first pick always, but I'll work with whoever as long as they know how to not dun git' killed.

See down here in Delco, we gots us some trees, lots 'o trees.

Last edited:
Never done much cabling, MDS, just on small trees but I'd be down to help ya and learn a few things. You doing a cobra, EHS or what? Tell you what, if you can schedule a day or two of production #### that I can crank out and make some dough I'd be more than happy to help you pro bono on your cabling for the learning experience alone.

Thanks for the pro bono offer with the cabling...trust me though, you would want to get paid for that one. I'm just using eye bolts with common grade cable and hand splices. call my old school :) Really was hoping to get someone real good at the cabling scene to help with that one though, as that other bigger job I mentioned has a monster beech to deadwood and cable too...we'll see. I've got a couple takedowns to look at tomoro that was a refferal, I'll see what comes of that too. Funny thing, every time I mention a job on here it falls thru afterwards...its like the AS curse or something.

My shepard Leo aint too cool with beards though...last guy with a beard he bit in the azz. I still have to lock him in the office when he stops by. Based on that I'm not too sure how the supergrover look would go with him, lol.

Just a warning, if/when you guys meet me, you're going to think I'm a douche-bag.

Don't worry, Plas, we already do. J/K.

MDS, I'd still be down with learning the splices and ####, my old boss's idea of cabling involved girdling and U bolts. lol. Don't forget you need your spikes on to install it! :dizzy: Anyway, had an HO just sign the dotted line for a $3500 jammie which will keep me busy for a day or two slicin' up some catalpas. After that we'll see who wins between Supergrover and Leo. lol

Yea bomb-bay doors open on this job. There's nothing on the ground to hit. Unless like a liberal walks under the tree, then I give you permission to drop one on him/her.

I know some guys including myself that will come and help for free!

I know some guys including myself that will come and help for free!

+ 1, I love when I get those jobs. Its amazing how fast a tree can come down (no matter how big) when you dont have to worry about the :censored: lawn or anything else. Usually on those I'm thinking: so this is what its like on the other side...hmmm.

Well this one goes to NCtree. Sure does look like a cake walk for him. Between him and Plas the climbing is spoken for.
Between us three we should have it done in 14 hours. You can put the stuff down as fast as all hell but the chipper will only eat so much at once. Plus getting the volume into the chipper is going to be something. I said about 4 to 5 of my truck loads to be dumped on site coming outta them trees and its onlt a 9 incher. Hoping to back up to much of it.
Its not worth trying to notch and drop nor rig any limbs down. Most we need is a pull rope here and there for the trunk wood.

See if you still say that when you are dead on the road and they keep circling. dam buzzards.

Or dead from one of the million ways to get killed in a tree. Have you watched the "working climber" DVD's Dan? The knowledge that dude has of ways to get killed is incredible. Scary.

Well this one goes to NCtree. Sure does look like a cake walk for him. Between him and Plas the climbing is spoken for.
Between us three we should have it done in 14 hours. You can put the stuff down as fast as all hell but the chipper will only eat so much at once. Plus getting the volume into the chipper is going to be something. I said about 4 to 5 of my truck loads to be dumped on site coming outta them trees and its onlt a 9 incher. Hoping to back up to much of it.
Its not worth trying to notch and drop nor rig any limbs down. Most we need is a pull rope here and there for the trunk wood.

Easy breezy watch out Dan its those well you know, we know you get them down fine:cheers: I like my chuck and duck in scenarios where five men are going at it hard it never gets behind making a man wait lol. 14 hours 3 men bout right not going too fast kindof savoring the job sometimes it fun. The worst thing will be the stink lmfao:cheers:

Easy breezy watch out Dan its those well you know, we know you get them down fine:cheers: I like my chuck and duck in scenarios where five men are going at it hard it never gets behind making a man wait lol. 14 hours 3 men bout right not going too fast kindof savoring the job sometimes it fun. The worst thing will be the stink lmfao:cheers:

The stink?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back