4 poplars

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

treemandan

Tree Freak
Reaction score
plaspoplar.jpg

We have this job to do after Thanksgiving. We are looking for a sub to blow them out. We figure to pay minimum 500.00 . We figure to have you on the job for 2 days about 6 or 7 hours a day.

Basically the TD's are sending the stuff out in a fashion where it falls the closest to low ground and in pieces that can be move expeditously to the chipper.Mostly you will be falling asleep up there but don't nap to long cause when you get down plan on helping us clean up. We are a strong ground force so don't get to scared.We are atticipating dealing with the scrag on the hill and you can drop there as well.

Though the trees are easy to TD they are over 100 feet. It is about 20 inch diameter at 70 feet. The ones in the forground are small the ones in the back are big. 3 foot dbh or greater That means a lot of volume and if its not handled just right it will be a pain and a disgrace.

We figure to have you on the job for 2 days about 6 or 7 hours a day. Our job in to strip out the trees, chip up to 9 inch, bomb out wood real nice, drop spars and roll. I didn't mention anything about raking did I ? because I didn't though we are not going to leave unchipped chipable items.

I'll have more pics and some trunk measurements on these trees in the coming days. Time to get the trusty pi tape out.

How far are standing from those two in the back where you are taking the picture? Whats behind you?

The trees are thought to be 110 feet tall. I was maybe...70 yards away? Behind me is the access road/driveway to the back property.

How far are standing from those two in the back where you are taking the picture? Whats behind you?

The trees are thought to be 110 feet tall. I was maybe...70 yards away? Behind me is the access road/driveway to the back property.

Do you have to worry about a little turf damage? Can you get a pick if the whole in the one TMD was talking about?

Do you have to worry about a little turf damage? Can you get a pick if the whole in the one TMD was talking about?

Yes I'll take some pics of the hole. In the mean time here are more pics, for what they are worth:

4115419741_76b7945a40_b.jpg

4116185762_eb19762321_b.jpg

4115415677_81e667d561_b.jpg

4115411593_7f54d54560_b.jpg

Can it be done in one day if I were to bring a ground guy with me?

And by ground guy I do not mean my girlfriend, I mean a hardcore, very experienced climber that likes to pound ground as well.

Doesn't look too bad, you can bomb everything im assuming? Looks like a fun job Plas, get you some high climbing experience. I'm game, should be a learning experience for everyone.

Doesn't look too bad, you can bomb everything im assuming? Looks like a fun job Plas, get you some high climbing experience. I'm game, should be a learning experience for everyone.

Yea bomb-bay doors open on this job. There's nothing on the ground to hit. Unless like a liberal walks under the tree, then I give you permission to drop one on him/her.

So on this job, I know this goes without saying...while it's my job, TreeManDan (TM) is the CTO (Chief Tree Officer)...the Crew Chief. I do whatever he says whenever he says it. Not that it would ever be any other way but just wanted to let you guys know that I know where my place is here.

So on this job, I know this goes without saying...while it's my job, TreeManDan (TM) is the CTO (Chief Tree Officer)...the Crew Chief. I do whatever he says whenever he says it. Not that it would ever be any other way but just wanted to let you guys know that I know where my place is here.

Any thoughts on my question, Plas, or are you waiting for TMD's expert opinion on that one? How close can we get the chipper to the work? Is a speedline out of the question to help ease ground work? Can chips be dumped nearby in order to keep things moving along?

Sorry Blakes, forgot about your question.

For all intents and purposes, we'll be working in open field, sort of. There is a steep drop-off maybe 25 yards from the trees, so when moving equipment around one will have to be aware of that, but in my opinion we have lots of room to work. The trees are on the property line however the homeowner is cool with his neighbors, and there's nothing over there to hit.

Chips will be dumped on site or perhaps blown on site. Speedline? Not sure if there's much around to attach it too, not many other trees nearby.

Any thoughts on my question, Plas, or are you waiting for TMD's expert opinion on that one? How close can we get the chipper to the work? Is a speedline out of the question to help ease ground work? Can chips be dumped nearby in order to keep things moving along?

Sorry Blakes, forgot about your question.

For all intents and purposes, we'll be working in open field, sort of. There is a steep drop-off maybe 25 yards from the trees, so when moving equipment around one will have to be aware of that, but in my opinion we have lots of room to work. The trees are on the property line however the homeowner is cool with his neighbors, and there's nothing over there to hit.

Chips will be dumped on site or perhaps blown on site. Speedline? Not sure if there's much around to attach it too, not many other trees nearby.

You can always attach a speedline to a chipper, truck, or dingo. I guess I was thinking if there's room to set the dingo in a corner near the chipper with the speed line attached to it the climber can zip everything right over near the chipper while the ground crew blasts the stuff on through instead of them needing to climb up and down the bank to retrieve debris or having to lower each piece in order to save the climb up and down the bank. It may not work for this application, was just a thought. From the pics the climbing portion looks real smooth and easy it just seems that there would be piles of groundwork and an extra guy or two on the ground or some would increase productivity, getting the job done faster and making everybody more money.

You can always attach a speedline to a chipper, truck, or dingo. I guess I was thinking if there's room to set the dingo in a corner near the chipper with the speed line attached to it the climber can zip everything right over near the chipper while the ground crew blasts the stuff on through instead of them needing to climb up and down the bank to retrieve debris or having to lower each piece in order to save the climb up and down the bank. It may not work for this application, was just a thought. From the pics the climbing portion looks real smooth and easy it just seems that there would be piles of groundwork and an extra guy or two on the ground or some would increase productivity, getting the job done faster and making everybody more money.

Yea I was thinking speed-lining to a truck but I don't want to act like I know what I'm talking about here or TMD will get real cranky on me, you know cranky like those alligators used to get when Steve Irwin jumped on them while they were chillin' in the river.

Speedline smeedline! You guys need my tractor winch with the four chokers and the supersized 250, munch, munch. Pop off four leads, set four chokers and snatch em right up next to the chipper. Too bad i'm so far away, sounds like fun.

Speedline smeedline! You guys need my tractor winch with the four chokers and the supersized 250, munch, munch. Pop off four leads, set four chokers and snatch em right up next to the chipper. Too bad i'm so far away, sounds like fun.

Load your gear up and pick me up on the way through, MDS! What you got going on up there? Need a climber for a few days? My ass gets sore sitting in this chair. lol

Yea I think this will be fun, it's cool how the trees are just out in the open with nothing to hit.

I think I'm going to start selling tickets to this event. $250 per ArboristSite member made payable to Plasmech, you pay airfare, I'll get you a discount at the local hotel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back