4" Rain - Get Chainsaws ready

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cambium

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
4" Rain - Get Chainsaws ready NorthEast

A storm coming through tonight into Tuesday should produce 4-5 inches of rain on top of this already saturated soils! Winds could hit 50mph again.

I hope there's not a lot of damage although flooding will cause it this time, not trees falling. .. i think

Last edited:
Yeah, I saw that last night and my jaw :jawdrop:

I'm seeing puddles where puddles shouldn't be a few days after a rain already.

If we get rain anywhere near that 5" mark over a wide area, you're gonna see rivers come up and come up fast.

No wind and thats a good thing...I think. But the heaviest stuff is coming in 12 hrs. Monday Night - Tuesday

I can now grow rice in my backyard. In ten years I have never seen so much standing water.

Restacked some wood earlier last week some of that fell over, my stacks are surrounded by water.

Another 24 or so hours of this!?!@#$%^

KC

Stupid wet ground

The ground over here in CA is so saturated! I've buried my truck two the axles a couple times this season. My friends and I have had to dump a couple truck loads of firewood just to get out!

I hope there's not a lot of damage although flooding will cause it this time, not trees falling. .. i think

If the ground is saturated enough, even a moderate wind could topple some trees over. Unlike the recent heavy snow that caused trees to break, the whole tree will go over, roots and all.

Back