4 way or 6 way wedge

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NYFIRE911

Reaction score
Hi all. Im new to the forum. Im a professional with a Chainsaw but a novice with a splitter. I've just started selling firewood, and wanted to know if anyone knew where I could pick up a 4 way or 6 way slip over wedge for my log splitter.

Thanks

Northern Hydraulic lists a 4 way. A 6 way wedge requires easy splitting wood or a lot of splitter to push it.

splitter wedge

Hi all. Im new to the forum. Im a professional with a Chainsaw but a novice with a splitter. I've just started selling firewood, and wanted to know if anyone knew where I could pick up a 4 way or 6 way slip over wedge for my log splitter.

Thanks

dont make the same mistake I did and not weld the wedge to the original one-pinched finger hospital etc-you get the idea-thier wedges only fit their line of splitters.

I have had the same idea

I have a 22ton hor/vert brave splitter, has anyone changed the standard 2 way wedge to a 4 way wedge, I have often thought about buying a 4 way from Northern tool and possibly changing it to fit my application.

I would have done it by now but I am not sure my splitter as enough power, any thoughts?

I have called brave and asked if they make a 4 way for my splitter but they don't.

thanks

22 Ton should be fine for a 4-way, depending on what you're splitting. Assuming you can rig something up to be removeable (I can't imagine that you couldn't), it would be a good investment. I'm not sure how well it will work in the long term and whether it will cause unwanted stresses on the pusher/slider, the beam, or the cylinder seals. This is part of why I went with a Horizontal-only machine.

For what it's worth, my experiences with a 20 Ton with a 4-way:

My Timberwolf TW-P1 Thread

Latest posts

Back