4-Way slip on wedge

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ironworker

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I am looking to get a 4-way wedge for my Troybilt 27 ton splitter, does anyone know where I can find one, got a bunch of 10-14" logs I would like to rip thru and can not locate one and I don't know if the Northern Tool one will fit.

I am looking to get a 4-way wedge for my Troybilt 27 ton splitter, does anyone know where I can find one, got a bunch of 10-14" logs I would like to rip thru and can not locate one and I don't know if the Northern Tool one will fit.

The reviews on the North Star slip on wedge aren't very favorable.

Here are a couple of websites to check out:

Log Splitter 4 way wedge - Log Splitter Custom 4 way slip over wedge,Welding

OREGON Log Splitter Accessoriers: 4-way splitting wedge

LOG SPLITTER WEDGE 8" 4 WAY SLIP OVER FULLY ENCLOSED!! | eBay

slip on 4 way wedge - TractorByNet.com

LOG SPLITTER WEDGE 12" 4 WAY SLIP OVER FULLY ENCLOSED!! | eBay

Hope this helps.

Don <><

Info

Build one it don't take that long I built 2 look like crap but they work one for kindling flat 6 way other a 4 way. Get the stuff you need at scrap yard. Build one for about $20.00 dollars or buy one for $86.00 or so. My manor makes them when he has time for a case of beer. He built me a set of forks for 2 cases of beer saved me $600.00. Look like a factory job. Later

great thread and great idea! my only problem here is i don't know what size welder i need to buy so i can weld 1/4" steel. i suppose i could look for an old stick welder but will they weld thinner stuff too?

200 amp machine would be plenty big enough you can find he old Lincoln AC buzz boxes for 100-200 dollars. You can weld lighter material with a lower amperage and smaller diameter rod.

Back